Hello all,
I am stumped. I created a site in dreamweaver. I deleated all the files in the root folder for the old site then uploaded the new site. In remote view all the files are the new ones, But when I load the site in a browser the old site is still there and all the pages, although they are not in the folder! This is freaking me out, but I am sure it is some simple thing I just don't see (or get).
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

once conected to your server, switch from local view of your site to remote view to see waht is on other side. if you have corect files over there, then you have to clean cache of your browser( delete any history, cockies etc) that should sort your problem

Thanks but that is not the issue. The same is on the local view as the remote. I even went into the site using another FTP client and it has all the right files, but the site still has the same old stuff. I had someone else look at the site and they saw the old site too. This is all too bizarre!

once conected to your server, switch from local view of your site to remote view to see waht is on other side. if you have corect files over there, then you have to clean cache of your browser( delete any history, cockies etc) that should sort your problem

Could it simply be the old cashe in your browser? Try holding down the SHIFT key and refreshing the page...

If the old file are still on the server you simpley have not uploaded the new ones yet. Try comparing the date madified / created etc. attributes on the files on the server and the local files on your somputer - If they are different you havent uploaded - if they are the same then If you are using internet explorer they holding down ctrl and f5 to refresh the browers.

Regards.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.