hi,
how can I add an image in title of the page and in the adress bar?
please help
ty

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Insert a graphic file named favicon.ico (.ico can't just be named that needs to be an actual .ico file) into the sites root folder. ;)

Member Avatar for diafol

I use:

<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="/path_to_image/favicon.png" />

in the head area.

thank you

<link rel="icon" href="{contextPath}/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="{contextPath}/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

Hi,
Inspite of doing the above i could not able to view the image in the title tag and address bar. I have created a .ico file and tried even that is not working.Please let me know where iam going wrong?

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@participantjava

The thread is solve. Can you open a new thread.

this is just a copy paste answers, if my icon file is imagex.jpg or imagex.ico then how do i insert it into the title bar, if anyone has genuine answers please provide it.....

You could also upload a the image directly to the root folder and name it favicon.ico The browser then automatically use it as your title image.
(The image has to be of .ico format)

A common mistake is the file is actually a png or a jhpg that has just been renamed to a .ico. This won't do. It has to actually be an ico file. If this is the problem the fix is easy just google for an online ico generator, they'll ask you to upload the image, turn it into an ico file and guide you from there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.