I need to find and download Microstation V8 XM Edition because that version of Microstation opens the AutoCad files with no problem.
Please tell me where can I find it?
This is not quite appropriate thread for this section, sorry

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I need to find and download Microstation V8 XM Edition because that version of Microstation opens the AutoCad files with no problem.

I don't get wat u mean. Can't you just open the autocad files with autocad?

Yes I can but I have to go on with my work in MicroStation. If I cannot Inport my AutoCad files into the MicroStation i'll loose all my work :(
I just have to find that version of MicroStation

To be more clear I'll present a part of Bentley's site where the Microstation functionality is described

MicroStation V8 XM Edition
The preferred CAD application for all infrastructure design, construction and operations
Work directly with DGN or DWG files

In addition to full support for MicroStation's native DGN format, Bentley’s MicroStation V8 provides editing, viewing and referencing functionality for DWG. This unique capability makes MicroStation V8 the only tool you need to support the world’s most popular CAD formats. The ability to work in multiple formats enables companies to participate in more projects — a clear competitive advantage for them and their organizations.
MicroStation allows you to read and write AutoCAD formats all the way back to version R11. With MicroStation, you can receive an AutoCAD R11 file, edit it in MicroStation V8, and return it to the owner in R11 format.
No other software in the world can do that.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Oh i c.

In that case you can either take the legal route and buy the software. Or you can go down the other route "cough cough". Let's be fair, cracking software ain't that difficult, but it's illegal and unethical so I wouldn't recommend it "he says, cough cough".

Hi
iamthwee

Use following for download
http://appsnet.bentley.com/mstnbenchmark/

Form
Hexagon Software
[removed link]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.