I've been having a funky day with Dreamweaver. I'm pretty new to the program and web designing in general. It'd be fantastic if you could help me out!

After editing some pages on Dreamweaver and uploading the site, I can't enter any of the pages from the homepage. When I click on a button linking another page, it asks for a username and password for the control panel, then says "Unauthorized access." How did the pages go from being public to limited access?

This is kind of screwing me over. I've tried going back into dreamweaver and changing the host directory/tesing directory and everything, but I have no idea what's going wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated.

Try checking the HTML page's extension. i.e. *.htm or *.html. This definitely counts when index.htm is replaced with index.html or something else.

If it is displayed 'unauthorised access', then try checking with permissions of your server. If this is happening to only particular pages, then those codes must be checked thoroughly.

>>In Dreamweaver use reference tutorials for indepth help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.