I am making a webpage and this is what I have as of right now:
(the white isnt really there)

http://www12.asphost4free.com/sgs09/Untitled-3.jpg

What im asking is to how can I get the things im going to put in my page on where the white is. without making the nav bar move or the large white text i have there. please help me get this over with.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for nicentral

There are a number of ways you could do this. You could use frames, tables, or css. Try googling the different ones and see if you can find a solution for what you want to do.

-- Andy

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

depends how you are making your page. If you are using CSS you could use float property and CSS positioning too. Apart from that you could use tables and frames which are straight forward.

Very simple but I have to ask. if u positioned that nav bar and header fine, how do u have a problem with positioning what u want in the white area?

You should search google for that.

I never really run across this because I design all of my layouts in Adobe Photoshop. Once you are done, you slice out the images, and then choose save as webpage, it then creates it all for you; in return, I make my main page a frame, so when you click on links, it all goes in there.

You might also want to check out sites the give free layouts (non frame layouts), sometimes looking at the coding in them can be very helpful.

Kiel

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.