Anyone had someone design them a custom flash video player for their site? If so who did it and how much does it run? I am looking for someone to do this for me.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

What do you mean by a video player? Not the actual flash animation itself but something else?

Right I mean the actual player.

For example: http://www.mustangevolution.com/viva-la-mustang-ford-releases-giugiaro-mustang-information/ the video on the page is hosted on webridestv and it uses its own flash player with its own custom look. I want to do this as well, create my own player that I can use to embed videos and then give visitors code to host them on their sites etc. I want to be able to watermark the player itself and not the actual video.

Does that makes sense?

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

Well if you are using MX 2004 or later, you could probably insert a Video Component and do a ActionScript'n and you will get what you want. And yes you could use XML with that.

There are several players for download for free on the internet and some that you can buy as well but if you had to have it custom built you need someone who works with flash design. You may be looking at forking out over $100 dollars atleast.

This is slightly off topic but, I think the CnetTV flash interface is very clever and runs far better than players like that on youtube.

There are several players for download for free on the internet and some that you can buy as well but if you had to have it custom built you need someone who works with flash design. You may be looking at forking out over $100 dollars atleast.

This is slightly off topic but, I think the CnetTV flash interface is very clever and runs far better than players like that on youtube.

Thanks for that. $100 is not a bad price

I would have thought it would be more though. Why does it have to be a custom player?

I would have thought it would be more though. Why does it have to be a custom player?

For branding. I would like to allow others to embed my videos on their sites but want to be able to brand the videos with my logo with the player instead of using a generic free flash video player like I am doing now.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

This is really simple, the actual code to play the video player remains the same.

You just design the buttons. What kind of design were you thinking off. I fancy doing a bit of flash again.

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

Sparing $100 on just a Flash Video Player :) :D. I would recommend learn a little bit of actionscript and xml and you will do it.

Its really not a tough job.

100$ ? too much :) let me do it for 50$ :D :D lol...

its simple task, their are plenty of good tutorials in the internet, follow one of them and create your own one.. .. just let me know if u need a tute..ill post it to here as a favor :)

commented: Yeah, right after you invent a time machine to go back 3 years to when your post might have been in any way useful -4
Member Avatar for rajarajan2017

I had done a custom flash video player for a client to play .flv format files with an embedded logo on their video player. I too followed a tutorial and implemnent more for my convenient with cute button designs. If you know flash and have the capability to understand the code and logics. Then you can....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.