Hello,

I was asked to develop an ecommerce store, and at this time I'm looking for a shopping cart software. Web site I'm developing is very complex from the design point of view and I need highly design customizable shopping cart from. Earlier I used osCommerce shopping cart software and I didn't like it - it requires good PHP skills to customize design (I don't have good PHP skills, I'm a web designer).

At http://php.resourceindex.com/Complete_Scri...Shopping_Carts/ I found couple of shopping carts I want to try.

One of them is Avactis Shopping Cart http://www.avactis.com . And they promise "Easy integration with an existing website thanks to unique tag technology", "Individual design for any (!) product or category" and "No programming skills required".

This is exactly what I want and need.

Is anyone here who used Avactis Shopping Cart software? Could you share your experience with me?

Victor

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

no, it's not "that" easy. no php support offered, but they will be happy to do it for you for 600 bucks. I emailed again asking for more help, they told me to read the manual. (the manual has typos)

if you know php, great - if not - keep looking!

I am a web designer and have tested this cart for a year now.
If you have your own design there are no more than 10 interchangeable tags that integrate into your own style.

All you need is your index page as a template.
From that point on you simply take the default documents and copy and paste the PHP tags into the appropriate places in your own design and you are set to go.

The documentation (user manual) is one of the best I have ever encountered.
YOU DO have to know HTML and CSS.
YOU DO NOT have to know PHP (I do not or extremely limited).
They have a more than helpful forum.

I have noticed the people who have difficulties with this cart call themselves designers which means 9 times out of 10 they rely on MS Frontpage, Dreamweaver or some other WISIWIG form of software.

If you can not decipher a normal HTML document then it is doubtful you will be able to install any cart properly and it will be no different with this one.

My suggestion is try the demo ... it is free and once the cart is installed and integrated into your site entering product can be done by any novice. I have experimented on my business owner clients and had no problems. Again the cart admin is well documented.

Good luck and have fun trying the cart out :)

I am a web designer and have tested this cart for a year now.
If you have your own design there are no more than 10 interchangeable tags that integrate into your own style.

All you need is your index page as a template.
From that point on you simply take the default documents and copy and paste the PHP tags into the appropriate places in your own design and you are set to go.

I am looking at setting up an E commerce store in the next few months, and previously i have used Zencart, which was very difficult to customize and integrate. However if what you say is true about Avactis, then i am in heaven!
Looking at the demo, both ends, i see that it is much easier to navigate and setup than Zencart!

No offense Zencart, but i think I've found my new e commerce software!

Wow, I know that script! Downloaded and tested not so long ago. So, what can I say? It's cool! The interface is very clean, and everything is well ordered. Templates work well, and so do the "tags" which they're so proud of. They are really PHP tags, so the server should parse PHP code for them to work, but how else? So I join those who recommend it :) Have fun! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.