Hi everyone
I have only used tables once before and I am making a web page with a table that fits flush against the sides and top. I have set my nav bar at about 18%, I remember some code you could place in a cell that would make it take up the remaining room does anyone know that code please?

Many thanks
HLA91

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I am not sure if its against the ToS to post the website to see what you are talking about,

because by your description I am not sure exactly what you are asking.

You set up a class with the width of the entire table. Put the class attribute in the table tag, not the td tag.

.width100 {width: 100%;}

<table class="width100">

You set up a class with the width of the entire table. Put the class attribute in the table tag, not the td tag.

.width100 {width: 100%;}

<table class="width100">

Can I do the same with height of the table?

Yes. Providing it is within a container with a fixed size.

If the table is a direct child of the body element; apply CSS attribute: height:100% to the table, and also to the body and html elements to meet the above criteria. See the first response to this thread: http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread26630.html.. Ignore the suggestion that it's invalid XHTML; you don't need a class for the html element anyway; since you only ever have one on a page, just use an element selector, as shown in that example.

Once the table has height/width 100%; any cells without a given height/width respectively will automatically fill to the remaining space.

The table will be height:100%+, because if it gets alot of content, that will have to go somewhere; and generally it will expand down rather than sideways, unless it's a string of unbroken characters.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.