Over the next few weeks (or days - depending on how much time i have) I'll help with the very basics of SQL (and PHP).

These are the points I'll be covering (all from scratch of course)

Local Server setting up

• php
  • mysql
  • apache

Database Basics

• Simple Database Creation
  • Database Uploading (& Converting)
  • Database connecting

PHP Basics

• Simple PHP Creation (application based)

Database Intermediates

• Myphp Admin Db creation
  • IP loggin and banning
  • Site user creations
  • Printing onscreen
  • SQL table queries

For this workshop you will require the following applications:

• mysql
  • php
  • apache
  • ms access (or any other database creation application you are comfortable with)
  • ms access to mysql converter (if you using another application, just google it)
  • PHP Makers

NB: I'm not writing this guide for myself, and im not planning to spoon feed anyone. So Vol.1 will only be released if 5 or more members request it.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Have a look at my tutorial for setting up a LAMP server on debian/ubuntu. It details exactly what packages you need to apt-get and how to change the MySQL root password.

I am requesting it... my goal is to create a Membership for my company. I would like my members to have Usernames and Passwords, and I would like to have a Login page. From my understanding, I'm going to need to have a database driven website to do this, and your knowledge would be very helpful. I'm very new to designing websites, databases, and computers altogether, so any help would be truly appreciated.

I hope everyone else feels the same way!

Yea me too. I have downloaded the applications but I was only able to try out oracle10 express. I have to some extent mastered SQL and way into PHP at the w3school site.
My question is that can I use my same system to set up as my database server OR i need another system entirely and if so, the security implications involved.
This LAMP on debian/ubuntu utorial jbennet menioned did not carry the link to he tutorial. Will he kindly do that?

Do you mean LAMP server on debian/ubuntu or the tutorial you wrote on it?

tutorial

Hello Macneato,

I know this post is fairly old but if you have created a volume by now can you please post it up. Your information would be greatly appreciated not only by me but from the whole community.

Thanks!
-Moodymoe15

Hello Macneato,
We are waiting pls. Do us the favour even if it is releasing it chapter by chapter. We really appreciate it.
Thanks.

For local installation & config of Apache, PHP, JSP, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, PHPMyAdmin & WordPress on Windows XP/2000 you can use this guide. Little outdated like jbennet tutorial ;), but is functional

peter_budo,

Thank you for your contribution to the community. It is much appreciated.

-Moe

Yeah im thinking about updating my tutorial and improving it

Me TOO I would love to see this in action, please post

Me TOO I would love to see this in action, please post

To see in action what???

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.