Hey guys, I'm new to the board and I recently put together a flash-based website [template] showing my photoshop work. I've been having issues with IE compatibility. A white space shows up where my content is supposed to be, and the green bar in IE shows it's loading, but it's not after the space is clicked [due to ActiveX]

There is a preloader that shows a wheel turning and a percentage loaded on-screen which is supposed to be there when functioning properly. When the space is right-clicked it says 'movie not loaded'. If anybody knows anything about this issue, assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Click for website

Thanks,

Moncef.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You are trying to do something that belongs to the browser in the user's computer. It does not belong to you.

The loading bar is part of the browser. You are not really supposed to have control until the page has already finished loading. When you try to control the loading sequence, you mess everything up.

I'm really surprised that it works in any browser.

You are trying to do something that belongs to the browser in the user's computer. It does not belong to you.

The loading bar is part of the browser. You are not really supposed to have control until the page has already finished loading. When you try to control the loading sequence, you mess everything up.

I'm really surprised that it works in any browser.

I don't want to control the browser? I wanna know why this website isn't functional on IE, and I'm giving the telltale signs. The bar in IE says it's loading when it's really not. I want the page to WORK in IE.

It's because you are trying to change the browser display without waiting for the browser to finish loading the page.

In the case of IE, it is probably repeating the loading of the same part of the page over and over, as you keep interrupting it, without ever finishing the whole load.

I am now beginning to think that the DaniWeb spinner showing download is causing the slow-load problem.

So DON'T do anything until the entire page finishes loading!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.