I need an API function that disconnects the computer from internet!
does type of connection matter? eg dial up, adsl or..
:)

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

I need something like this:

while(1)
{
      bool is_connected = IsConncedted();
      if(is_connected && time > Time("12:00")
      {
            Disconnect();
            cout<< "Go to bed, it's tool late";
      }
}

It's a Win32 FAQ
See on Adv. Win32 grp http://tinyurl.com/yjy3ajr
(from Windows source code itself...)

yeah
seeminingly people are more willing to help there!

commented: if you want help from someone, don't insult them +0

Has it occurred to you that you have a fairly unique situation that we may not have an easy or immediate answer for? In my experience, the people here are VERY helpful when they can be.

Well , i am not sure of a API whether i exist or not and even if there exist an API , the purpose will not completely be fulfilled .

For example :
Even if u write a program which doesnt allow to access internet after a time , the user can use other programs or tools to bypass it .

Although there is a way that can implement wat u asked and that is installing a proxy server in ur system .
i have myself done that in my college for regulating the internet access in each departments .
SQUID proxy server allows u to perform many functions like that.
Not only u can create a ACL (access control list ) but also assign user groups and set their time of access and other attributes.

if you want help from someone, don't insult them

I didn't insult.. I said what I thought. people can think freely and express what they think freely. is it an insult!?

Has it occurred to you that you have a fairly unique situation that we may not have an easy or immediate answer for? In my experience, the people here are VERY helpful when they can be.

people are VERY repful here. they click the reputation button more than they post replies.. & I have no problem with it (& don't care about it) becasue they express what they think.
:)

Your style of posting isn't helping you at all.
First of all, your question:

I need an API function that disconnects the computer from internet!

Imagine you work at a hardwarestore and a customer runs in and shouts:

I need a thing to put nails in wood!

That wouldn't be very polite would it? Now imagine that you work at that same store, only now you're not getting paid for your work. Get the idea?
On top of that, your question looks very "virus-sy", if you know what I mean.

Then after 1 day with no reply you complain that people here aren't helpful. Did it occur to you that not everyone here actually knows the answer to your problem? If you thought that this was a simple problem, why didn't you find the answer yourself?

people are VERY repful here

Yes they are. In 99,9% of the cases it's deserved rep. Just expressing what I think though. :icon_wink:

>I didn't insult.. I said what I thought.
Just because you're being honest doesn't mean you're not being insulting. You have to be pretty self-centered to suggest that we're not helpful due to your inability to ask a smart question and have reasonable expectations.

Whether I know the answer to your questions or not, don't expect me to help you. You'll find more and more people of that particular opinion as you burn your bridges with reckless abandon.

first of all. note that my native language is not english. so I have no impressions (like polite, insulting, etc) about english sentances as you may have.

Just because you're being honest doesn't mean you're not being insulting.

a person is insulting, only if he/she intends to insult. do u you guess what is in my mind & then answer?!

you complain that people here aren't helpful

You have to be pretty self-centered to suggest that we're not helpful

exactly I didn't say that. I said people here are less willing to help. "less" does not mean "not".

. In 99,9% of the cases

I agree with some number between 50 and 70 percent. the same percent I agree with what is written in post #8 , I thank for post #6 & double of which I agree with post #9.

Whether I know the answer to your questions or not, don't expect me to help you.

I had only one question in this thread & I control my expectations freely :)

>note that my native language is not english.
What a convenient excuse, but Your English is good enough, so I'm not buying it.

>a person is insulting, only if he/she intends to insult.
Communication is a two way street, genius. Even if you don't intend to insult, the people you're talking to can still be insulted by your words. Once again, your attitude is extremely self-centered. If you don't intend to give insult, you should probably choose your words more carefully.

>I had only one question in this thread
Last I checked, you've started more than one thread.

>I control my expectations freely
Yes, that's the problem.

InternetHangUp is the API was looking for?! just for people who found this thread in google! :)

Even if you don't intend to insult, the people you're talking to can still be insulted by your words.

let me rephrase it:

Even if you don't intend to insult, the people you're talking to can still feel bad by your words.

people may feel bad too, if someone who is very very ugly is standing in front of them! it does not mean that they must have plastic surgery.
when I don't intend to insult, you can't say change your style of speaking which is my style of thinking.

so I'm not buying it

impressions can't be learned easily. dictionaries don't say anything about impressions (except they may say: that word is a taboo in the US or UK). for every english word, you have a lot of memories which form some kind of feeling when you hear or read them (if your native language is english).

self-centered

did you deduce that, by reading a few sentences written by me?!
you must know that changing attitudes is very hard & needs time. for example read my previous posts (& this post) & try to accept my attitude it's hard, isn't it?. the same happens to me, I can't accept your point of view easily. you should understand. you can't say I'm self-centered because I don't accept what u say, immediately in the next post. And I agree that I hardly accept opposite attitudes but I resist as long as I can justify my resistence.

but Your English is good enough

really?! :) you deserve a positive cent if there was a button for it!

this thread is solved & good if it is moved to a psychology forum! :)

And people are very argumentative in this forum! ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.