I make a small project on student but i don't know about file handling for database;
can any one tell me the simple way to connect my project to SQL database;

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

I think you can use the ODBC technology to connect to a simple access database.
Because you are asking for a very simple database.I don't have a idea how much that
word 'simple' is stronger here.Working with the ODBC is dead easy. Assuming you are
on the microsoft windows machine.

Or else if you want to use a mysql like connector http://www.mysql.com/downloads/connector/cpp/

Here is one of many tutorials you will find. I wouldn't exactly call ODBC "dead easy", but you only need a good grasp of C or C++ language.

In order to do anything useful you will need to learn SQL (Structured Query Language). Again, there is lots of information on the net. This wiki article is a quick overview.

If simple means Add, Delete and Show records based on some key then we can us the simple file handling of C++. fopen(), fclose(), fread() and fwrite() had done a fairly good job for me to make a small Airline Reservation System using Turbo.

He's using an SQL database -- what you suggested will not work.

MySQL connector Cpp doesn't work with MinGW. If you are MinGW boy then go for MySQL++

You are assuming he has MySQL database. AFAIK MySQL++ doesn't work with other SQL databases, such as M$ Access.

I know about the SQL what i dont know how to connect it with my c++ program
i make the student management system so can any one help me???????????????

Here is one of many tutorials you will find. I wouldn't exactly call ODBC "dead easy", but you only need a good grasp of C or C++ language.

In order to do anything useful you will need to learn SQL (Structured Query Language). Again, there is lots of information on the net. This wiki article is a quick overview.

buddy i know SQL what i dont know how to connect it with my project?????????

Hey, buddy. We have already told you how to do that. Read the previous comments.

You are assuming he has MySQL database. AFAIK MySQL++ doesn't work with other SQL databases, such as M$ Access.

You are right, I was referring to NicAx64's post. the connector cannot be compiled with MinGW AFAICS

If simple means Add, Delete and Show records based on some key then we can us the simple file handling of C++. fopen(), fclose(), fread() and fwrite() had done a fairly good job for me to make a small Airline Reservation System using Turbo.

hey can u give me your airline code ,which gave me idea for my project!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.