I am a high school student looking for serous help.

I need a way to bypass the school internet filter. I found various anonymizers and proxys that work exept I can only use them one day beacuse the next day they will be blocked.:sad:

This is a seroius problem as most anoymizers are already blocked by our blocker. Any one know a way to Bipass it?

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

You want us to help you circumvent your school's filter? I don't think so.

I need a filter cut just to get to this site, it's blocked under Foruming, networking.

Also I forgot to mention above that specificley our school's administrator is adding my proxy's and anonymizers to the list of blocked webistes.

- Buy a mobile phone with WAP and use that in school.

or

- If you have a legitmate educational reason to use a site, ask why it's blocked and if it can be un-blocked.

or

- I won't be held accountable for the type of advice I'd give otherwise, so I won't give any.. But if you're really persistant, you'll find a way ^_-

If you are creating fake email addresses to send spam, you SHOULD be shut down, as should all people who do this. Such people belong in jail.

all depends on the software being used to block it. My college uses Novell Board manager.

googling the site, then hitting the cache will give the most -basic- view of the site (and sometimes noting at all, but what do you expect? college's have been dealing with students trying to get round filters since IT started)

commented: No reason for your text to be green, you aren't posting code. -1

lol my old secondary schools ones were so crap, they only blocked the domnain name not the IP so we just pinged it to get the IP

Do you want to know how to access images or the whole 9 yards????

We shoule not be helping a student to bypass government-installed filters. There is a possibility that anyone who helps with this will be charged with complicity, if an illegal act occurs.

Bypassing computer security without authorization is a crime.

thats why none of us have been supplying him with answers

Why did he make the thread if all you guys were going to do was tease him with little bits of info instead of giving him the real answers?

He wanted to break the law.

We don't help people do that.

Man...that was a long time since someone posted.ANyway,there was no way he could get in trouble if he used a couple of proxies on a disk.

School have filters in place for a reason. The state and/or federal government requires the schools to place filters on the network in order to be given certain grants. I remember when I first started working as an Admin at my old school I asked why they put filters on them in the first place and that was the answer I got.

They get grants for new computers and wicked discounts on computers they buy, otherwise school taxes would go through the roof and your parent's would not be pleased. Nor would you if your school couldn't afford new computers having to pay near-retail.

And if you have a good reason to visit a certain website just ask your Net Admin kindly and he will probably unblock it. Sites like Myspace and Facebook should be blocked during school hours, that's what your home computer is for.

There was a program where you could go to any site you wanted to.I signed up as an admin,changed the password, the options, and I could barely do anything.Does anyone know why that didn't work?

Probably because the program was a fake. Most that advertise as such are.

Now back to the original question of this Thread.

I'm going to tell you the best possible way to bypass a schools filter. There are actually a couple of great ways. Both of these have worked for me in the past.

1. You talk to the Network Admin or Headmaster. Present your case on the website you are attempting to view and give the details of what it is and why you want to use it.

2. The 3 o'clock bell rings and you pass by there for bypassing all of the school systems and firewalls as you leave the premises and go home to use your own computer.
Now if your parents have the same site blocked... you revert to the first suggestion only replace IT admin and headmaster with mom and dad.

You are at school from what 7:30am or 8am til 3 or 3:30pm.. not including extra ciricular stuff... seriously Everybody is at school or work during this period of time anyway... there is nothing you do online that is that desperately important.

Thanx for the help, havent been on this sight forever cause i've been so busy. I talked with my administrator and he agreed to unblock the sight.

Cool. Glad you got it sorted and stayed legal :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.