Yea, those are the deadlines for finishing. Hopefully we can move a bit quicker through it all..

Anytime is good for me, quintoncoert.

Oh and btw, sorry Nichito and jbennet.. you guys caught the last two seeds, and are required to play an extra game..But don't worry about timing.. We'll get everything worked out.

I'll go ahead and pm everyone regarding the bracket.. Good luck to you all :)

originally posted by josch
>Anytime is good for me, quintoncoert.

we can play on tuesday the 3rd of july. at time 18:00 GMT. I believe that is 14:00 New York Time. If it is not then it still is close enough to daytime for you anyway and i can invent some excuse to work late.

btw. i was hoping to get you later. you apear to be good and i was hoping to stay in the winner bracket a little longer.

Yea.. gmt is 5 hours ahead for me.. so 18:00 GMT= 13:00 my time.. So, alrighty.. that works for me. My yahoo sn is pedbsktbll. And don't worry, I hear the loser's bracket is quite comfy ;)

>Narue, tell me when you are available to play. My time is pretty flexible.
How about tonight at around 7:00pm EST? I would be easiest to meet up in the Daniweb chat room and then move to the game client.

Sorry, I just saw that post. I'll see if I can find you in the irc chat.

Yea, Narue is a beast.. I wish u the best of luck sk8.. ur gonna need it ;)

Did you play him yet, Josh? How did you do?

Narue=girl ;)

Yea, I was a little cocky going into the game considering it was a chick I was playing ;)

but.. she made me eat my words.. She beat me twice, and she claims to have beaten Rashakil 4 times..

Eeek! Lol. Well, if I lose hopefully I'll have some luck in the loser's bracket. The only game I've played on yahoo so far was you.

> She beat me twice, and she claims to have beaten Rashakil 4 times.
Eeeks!! I had a lot of expectations with Rashakil, but I guess Narue made everyone lick dirt. And BTW, don't say "you got beaten by a girl", turns out, Narue doesn't like all this 'girl' thing. ;-)

> She beat me twice, and she claims to have beaten Rashakil 4 times.
Eeeks!! I had a lot of expectations with Rashakil, but I guess Narue made everyone lick dirt. And BTW, don't say "you got beaten by a girl", turns out, Narue doesn't like all this 'girl' thing. ;-)

lol.. what is she- a trans-?

No, its just that she doesn't like that girls be treated any different than boys and the same goes for demanding respect. I don't know how to put it but I an sure Narue would drill it in your head in a more efficient manner. ;-)

No, its just that she doesn't like that girls be treated any different than boys and the same goes for demanding respect. I don't know how to put it but I an sure Narue would drill it in your head in a more efficient manner. ;-)

hah, yea I was obviously just kidn about the sexist comment I made :p

I just hope I get another chance w/her in the tourny :twisted:

Narue=girl ;)

Yea, I was a little cocky going into the game considering it was a chick I was playing ;)

but.. she made me eat my words.. She beat me twice, and she claims to have beaten Rashakil 4 times..

if i am afraid of you and she had beaten you as well as some others so consistently then i must be really low on the food chain. i really hate to lose so you guys have to please indulge me should i cheat!

ha. just kidding. i sincerely hope no one cheats.

I don't think you can cheat..

>I don't think you can cheat..

i do not want to start another argument but i think you are wrong. what if a guy has two computers. one runs yahoo and the other the latest version of fritz or chessmaster or something?

btw. i am not going to cheat. i am just pointing it out. anyway good luck to you. see you in ten hours time. we can meet here and from here move to yahoo.

It's quite hard to cheat at chess, seeing as both players are watching the table at all times...

Well me and Jocamps played, and in a dominating performance i was destroyed!
He defiantly wins against me.

@joshSCh/Sk8
Do the losers play each other, or is it once we are out we are out?

>and she claims to have beaten Rashakil 4 times..
You were sitting in the game room watching the entire time. :icon_rolleyes: You can learn as much by watching other players as you can by playing.

>No, its just that she doesn't like that girls be treated any different than boys
Girls are different than boys. There's no denying that. But assuming that a girl can't do something based solely on her gender is rather silly. It's almost as annoying as people assuming I'm a guy because "everybody knows" that all girls online are just guys pretending to be girls. :icon_rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm well aware that Josh was kidding. But it was still fun to make him eat his words. ;)

>what if a guy has two computers. one runs yahoo and the other the
>latest version of fritz or chessmaster or something?
Interesting idea, but I don't see it working unless you're playing blitz chess (which we're not). Chess programs are positionally weak and grow progressively weaker as the human opponent has more time to consider a move. Even if you did go to that kind of trouble, aside from being a horribly pathetic person, you probably wouldn't do too well against a decent player.

I think Chessmaster is rated at like 2800 for blitz but drops to somewhere around 1200 if you take your time against it (all ratings are guesses).

>Do the losers play each other, or is it once we are out we are out?
It's a double elimination tournament, so you'll be moved to the losers bracket and get another chance.

Well me and Jocamps played, and in a dominating performance i was destroyed!
He defiantly wins against me.

@joshSCh/Sk8
Do the losers play each other, or is it once we are out we are out?

Yea, as Narue says.. u get another chance in the loser's bracket. Just report back to this thread like you just did, and I will update the bracket (Look at it to see who ur next opponent is ;))

You were sitting in the game room watching the entire time. :icon_rolleyes: You can learn as much by watching other players as you can by playing.

hah.. I went and played my own game after yall's second game. I wasn't really sure if yall were playing forealz or just conspiring to not show me ur styles ;)

>No, its just that she doesn't like that girls be treated any different than boys
Girls are different than boys. There's no denying that. But assuming that a girl can't do something based solely on her gender is rather silly. It's almost as annoying as people assuming I'm a guy because "everybody knows" that all girls online are just guys pretending to be girls. :icon_rolleyes:

haha.. I seriously doubt anyone still believes in male superiority.. besides those in Kazakhstan of course :D

Anyway, I'm well aware that Josh was kidding. But it was still fun to make him eat his words. ;)

:(

>what if a guy has two computers. one runs yahoo and the other the
>latest version of fritz or chessmaster or something?
Interesting idea, but I don't see it working unless you're playing blitz chess (which we're not). Chess programs are positionally weak and grow progressively weaker as the human opponent has more time to consider a move. Even if you did go to that kind of trouble, aside from being a horribly pathetic person, you probably wouldn't do too well against a decent player.

hmm yea, and I'm pretty sure that Yahoo has software that can detect when such programs are used..

Hmm.. I just thought of something.. how are we going to count the championship game? There will be one person who would have gone undefeated in the winner's bracket.. and one other who had only lost one game. What if the person from the loser's bracket wins? Does he win the whole tournament? Or do we have one final game since they would have both lost one game.. I have seen double elimination tournaments work both ways.

Hmm.. I just thought of something.. how are we going to count the championship game? There will be one person who would have gone undefeated in the winner's bracket.. and one other who had only lost one game. What if the person from the loser's bracket wins? Does he win the whole tournament? Or do we have one final game since they would have both lost one game.. I have seen double elimination tournaments work both ways.

i think one last game would be best. can i suggest that next time we make it all play all and the highest score wins? We are going to have problems with draws now. By the way josch i am here now but lets begin in 45 minutes as planned OK?

>Interesting idea, but I don't see it working unless you're playing blitz chess (which we're not). Chess >programs are positionally weak and grow progressively weaker as the human opponent has more >time to consider a move. Even if you did go to that kind of trouble, aside from being a horribly >pathetic person, you probably wouldn't do too well against a decent player.

narue if you speak like that then you must be the best player here. if you can really beat an advanced chess program then i admit freely that girl or no girl you are better than me.

i think one last game would be best. can i suggest that next time we make it all play all and the highest score wins? We are going to have problems with draws now. By the way josch i am here now but lets begin in 45 minutes as planned OK?

All play all? What do you mean? If there is a draw then the people will just play again until there is a definite winner.

>All play all? What do you mean? If there is a draw then the people will just play again until there is >a definite winner.

i mean that everyone plays everyone once. a win is one point, draw a half and lose zero. But ok in case of draw we replay.

btw. good luck later.

@ josch

i am logging into yahoo right now. my name is coertquinton but you already know that. In any event. which playing room are we going to use?

Let's go to snake pit. My username is pedbsktbll.

Right in case of a draw you play again. I'm worried that all play all would take too long. That's eight games for nine different people. Assuming one game is played each week by one person, then it would take about eight weeks to finish.

you played a good game josch. i had just a tiny bit of luck. if it was not for those two pawns you gave away freely in the beginning it would have been more difficult. and of course you overlooked the knight move on the rooks.

is anyone else playing in the next hour or two? I would like to watch.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.