i have a Ethernet adsl modem connected to my pc. now i want to share my internet using proxy. is it possible to have 2 pci lan cards on one pc, so that i could connect one to the Ethernet modem and the other for LAN (to the second pc) and enable proxy and share the same internet line. presently mine is a PPOE connection and i dont have a ip address. pls help

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

yes, but each LAN card should be set for different connections.

Ethernet adsl modem connected to my pc. now i want to share my internet using proxy. is it possible to have 2 pci lan cards on one pc, so that i could connect one to the Ethernet modem and the other for LAN (to the second pc) and enable proxy and share the same internet line.

Ethernet adsl modem connected to my pc. now i want to share my internet using proxy. is it possible to have 2 pci lan cards on one pc, so that i could connect one to the Ethernet modem and the other for LAN (to the second pc) and enable proxy and share the same internet line.

it sure is ,but why not just buy a router ,
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C1&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1175243233028&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=3302896164B02

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.