hi can anyone help me? because i dont know how to use for next loop i want to make a sample program in vb i have 1 textbox

if i inputted value of 3 in text1.text

it will come up in this answer

then if i click my command button next the next answer should this

next

how can i came up this answeR? using for next loop?

thanks god bless

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Dim LastNum As Integer

Private Sub Command1_Click()
Dim NewNum As Integer
Dim I As Integer

If Text1.Text = vbNullString Then
    MsgBox "Enter A Value"
    Exit Sub
End If

NewNum = LastNum + Val((Text1.Text) - 1)

Text2.Text = vbNullString
For I = LastNum To NewNum
    Text2.Text = Text2.Text & I & " "
Next I

LastNum = I

End Sub

Private Sub Form_Load()
LastNum = 1
End Sub

ahm only 1 textbox sir and if the number reach in 100 it will stop :)

I'm certain that with what you have been provided, you can make the necessary modifications for it to fit your needs. Secondly, how are you meant to show the numbers, if not for a second textbox? A Label?

comatose can u help me about this i have only 1 textbox and 2 command button

this is my code in command1 button

Private Sub Command1_Click()
Dim x, n
n = Val(Text1.Text)
For x = 1 To n
Print x
Next x
command1.enabled = false
End Sub

the output of my command1 is for example i inputted a value of 3 in my textbox the output should come w/ this

this is the code in my 2nd button

Private Sub Command2_Click()
Dim x, n
n = Val(Text1.Text)
For x = n + 1 To n * 2
Print x
Next x
End Sub

the output of this is

if i click once again in my 2nd command button the answer is still 456 i want is like this if i click once again my second command button the answer should like this

if i click again

until he reach in 100.

If you check the code I posted, you'll notice that I keep track of the LastNum (Last number) that X had been. You are not doing this. For x = n + 1 To n * 2 If n is always 3, x will always be from 3 to 6. Try it.. replace n with the number in the textbox. The for loop will always produce the same result. You need to somehow keep track of the last number that X was.... sort of like:

For I = LastNum To NewNum
     print  I 
Next I

LastNum = I

Then, you will have to calculate "NewNum" so you know how far you are supposed to loop until NewNum = LastNum + Val((Text1.Text) - 1) . Furthermore, LastNum needs to be public (or static, but public is easier in this case).

because the requirements is only 1 textbox :( thats why it so hard :(
if i inputted 5 in textbox the output should like this

:( then if i click once again it should be like this

so on. .

That is what my initial post does. How about removing the second textbox, and changing it from text2.text = text2.text & i & " " to something like print i

ive tried your code making a 2 texboxt but it still wrong for example in the text1 value = 5

then if i click once again the answer in the text2 should

but in your code is still

Then you put Dim LastNum as Integer in the wrong spot Brosive.

thanks only 1 problem what if the number reach in 100? i want it to stop if the i = 100 how?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.