I have been experiencing an error known as
"VER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and according to the reboot error report, the following is involved:
C:\DOCUME~1\MICHAE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER633e.dir00\Mini081409-01.dmp and C:\DOCUME~1\MICHAE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER633e.dir00\sysdata.xml. Under my Event Viewer, I noticed an error stating that the boot-start or system-start driver known as Beep failed to load. I uninstalled Beep, but I couldn't figure out how to reinstall it. After uninstalling it, the error occured again about an hour later, and now I see this message under my Event Viewer: The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume C:. Under my Event Viewer, I also see some system error codes. My system restore points are too recent to be of use, so I don't know what I should do. I did find a forum with help on a problem that appears to be the same (see http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/xp-serious-error-on-bootup-sysdataxml/8407.html), but the advice there is conflicting so I don't know what I should do next.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Is your os winXP ?
What is "Beep"
Do you refer to " beep.sys" which is embedded in the os.?
If so how did you uninstall ?

I have an XP system. I am referring to the beep.sys. Some good news: I found that my most recent system restore has reversed my manual uninstallation of the beep.sys file. However, in doing this, I am now back to having the orginal error message under my Event Viewer, which states that the boot-start or system-start driver known as Beep has failed to load. This is somehow connected to the main problem I am experiencing (the blue screen error known as "VER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"), which involves the following: C:\DOCUME~1\MICHAE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER633e.dir00\Mini081409-01.dmp and C:\DOCUME~1\MICHAE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER633e.dir00\sysdata.xml.

Update: Under my Event Viewer, I noticed that the error message notice "boot-start or system-start driver known as Beep failed to load" started appearing on or around 7/19/09. So it appears that this error message has nothing to do with my problem.

You may have a corrupt user file.
Create a new user account.
Delete the file C:\DOCUME~1\MICHAE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp...

Alright, I did what you instructed me to do. Thus far, everything is running good and looking good, even under the Event Viewer, with one small exception. Under the Event Viewer, I am still seeing a one error message, which states that the boot-start or system-start driver "Beep" failed to load. But as I said in a previous post, I've seen this message in the Event Viewer as far back as July the 19th on the other account, and that was long before I started experiencing the blue screen error. I think I remember reading on some other forum that AVG (my current antivirus) has been known to detect this item as a problem and may have done something to it. I don't know how I would get that problem fixed, but I see no reason to worry about it unless my computer starts to experience some other problem soon. I'll know in about two hours if the original problem is gone. I'll make another post within that time frame if the original problem returns. Either way, thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

I am now seeing a blue screen error that is affecting the same files for the new account. This error is known has Fault_in_nonpaged_area and it mentions kmixer.sys on the blue screen. The error report mentions the two new versions of the files that were affected under the other user account (sysdata.xml and the mini.dmp file). I just downloaded Advanced System Care to see if that somehow corrects the problem. What I can also tell you is that before the error screen appeared, I heard a weird tapping noise coming from my right speaker.

I appears that you have a problem with sound files.
(However,this error code is often associated with faulty RAM or Videocard .

This page may help -
http://www.file.net/process/kmixer.sys.html
As with any unknown -use with care.

I am still experiencing Blue Screen Errors, but they do not list: C:\DOCUME~1\MICHAE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER633e.dir00\Mini081409-01.dmp and C:\DOCUME~1\MICHAE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER633e.dir00\sysdata.xml., so I will mark this thread as solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.