hi all,
i want to take snapshot. how i can do this with api function?? i didn't know api function to do this

thanks to the attention
best regards hope.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

hi sawamura,
i reply many code using api function this day.

if u want to snaphot u can use api function (PrintWindow and WindowFromPoint)
this a little sample to you. u can develop as u want..

Private Declare Function PrintWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal hdcBlt As Long, ByVal nFlags As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function WindowFromPoint Lib "user32" (ByVal xPoint As Long, ByVal yPoint As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function GetCursorPos Lib "user32" (lpPoint As POINTAPI) As Long

Private Type POINTAPI
        x As Long
        y As Long
End Type

Dim lWFP As Long
Dim pt As POINTAPI

Private Sub Command1_Click()
    PrintWindow lWFP, Me.hDC, 0
End Sub

Private Sub Picture1_Click()
    Me.Picture1.AutoSize = True
End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Timer()
    GetCursorPos pt
    lWFP = WindowFromPoint(pt.x, pt.y)
    Me.Caption = "Handle Window : " & Hex(lWFP)
End Sub

hope this code helps

hello jx man,
i am a 4thyear comsci student and i don't have any idea about api.. can you explain what api is and what api can do and how it work.
pls reply..this will help me for my future use.
thanks

hi x2per14...
actually i a newbie too in api programing..but i try to explain with my own what api is.

application programming interface (API) is a source code interface that an operating system or library provides to support requests for services to be made of it by computer programs.
every operating system has api in their system. In windows api kept on dll file..
api can do many things, like you can access all information from system, access bios information, you can manipulate system, access the port of your pc, access the hardware of your pc, monitor information,vga, you can make nice screen (like xp or vista), you can make screensaver, or anything (many things that u ever imagine can do with api)
How it work? you can use api with use the api function, there are hundred (maybe thousand) of api function. i just know a little of api function (from book).
To use api you must understand what api function can do. even you can combine two or more api function in one program.

it is all of my explain about api.sorry if i can't explain more details because i a beginner too. :'( if u didn't felt satisfied with my explain you can make new thread an ask what api is, many people here already to help you more...:)

NB :give u e-mail address and i will send you two software to help u to understand api (you can see the example code there).

OK. all for the best

Full PrintScreen sample:

hello Jx_man,

thank you very much for the info that you gave. actually now i understand what is api is, but not that much ^_^.. i still don't know to program it. this is my e-mail address [email]cristopher_ancheta@yahoo.com.ph..wish[/email] you can send to me the application that you had said..thank you very much for helping me i think this can help me in my thesis..

asda

hello Jx_man,

thank you very much for the info that you gave. actually now i understand what is api is, but not that much ^_^.. i still don't know to program it. this is my e-mail address [email]cristopher_ancheta@yahoo.com.ph..wish[/email] you can send to me the application that you had said..thank you very much for helping me i think this can help me in my thesis..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.