I was wondering if its possible to embed c++ into an Html website. Is there some engine that does it for you, or is it just not possible? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

When I look up CGI they just come up with premade scripts. I want to be able to put what I did in the command line onto a website.

click the link I posted the scroll down to page to "CGI Tutorial". The way I did it several years ago was to write a c or c++ program then change the program name from *.exe to *.cgi.

CGI describes an interface which you can implement in a variety of languages (some easier, and more importantly, more safely than others).

Unless you own the box you're running the HTTP server on, your average sysadmin would baulk at running a program executable as a CGI on their machine. They much prefer tried and tested scripting languages.

haha, C++ is not tried and tested? idiot

commented: Learn to read before making an ass of yourself. -4
commented: A speck of mould growing on the corpse of a long dead thread -4
commented: You're the idiot, he's not talking about C++ as a language. +0
commented: I agree with all previous bad rep comments. -5

If you were hosting the website on a Windows server, you could have the core of your application written with c++ as an ISAPI DLL, and it could be loaded by IIS.

Please search google for ISAPI filter.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.