Good day, I'd like to find out from other members if they've also had the following similar problems recently:
1. When you post on a thread, it shows that it posted....but when you log out, your info disappears (as if you didn't post it). However, when you post it again, sometimes it will disappear, at other times it ends up as a double post....because when you post a second time, the first post appears also.
2. For some reason, I'm being kicked off the website every 2 minutes.
3. When I log into the website, it accepts my password ect....but it doesn't show me as being logged in.

Thank you & enjoy the rest of your day!

Zan

Recommended Answers

All 28 Replies

Additionally, here a few more things...
If someone makes a post, let's say 10 minutes ago and I log off for 2 hours....when I go back to that thread....it still shows that the a post was made on that thread 10 minutes ago.
By the way, I'm using Vista (IE7).

Z your cache may be holding on too tight, refresh your browser and see what happen

Don't know what this might have to do with this post but just to get it out there i tried logging on around 5:45 PM and Could not get the web page at all. neither with Opera, Firefox or IE

By the way, I'm using Vista (IE7).

Well, there's your problem. Install linux. Well, at least install another browser. IE sucks balls.

AdditionallyBy the way, I'm using Vista (IE7).

So do I and I have never seen (or at least noticed) that problem.

So do I and I have never seen (or at least noticed) that problem.

What's your point? Vista hasn't <snip> up for you, therefore it wont <snip>for anyone else? LOL

Thanks for the response....i do have cookies enabled...For some reason, when i log in..i get kicked back and unable to access threads that i've subscribed to....screen shots to follow within the next 24 hours...

What's your point? Vista hasn't <snip> up for you, therefore it wont <snip>for anyone else? LOL

Yes, <snip>hole.

commented: hehe... :P +12
commented: Haha +3

I have had another problem that makes a double post:

Sometimes when I post, DaniWeb never sends me the new page (or somehow I never get it). Thus, I think the operation failed, and I click the post button again.

When you use QuickReply, some fancy AJAX is used so the entire page doesn't need to refresh after hitting submit.

problem seems to have gone...however, it seems that when i try to use Quick Reply, i still get kicked out of the forum & my post doesn't show...don't know why Quick reply is giving me problem.

Very strange. Did it never work? Are you able to use the acvanced thread reply page just fine?

Yes...the advance reply works as normal...but i'm not able to use quick reply...I use to use Quick reply, until about 1 week or so ago, then i started having all the problems as outlined on the previous page.

Ok...heres the new deal...when I post on a thread, it doesn't show right there and then....I have to refresh the internet browser for my post to show...but the other stuff seem to have gone away...also i get kicked off daniweb every now and again...

When you use QuickReply, some fancy AJAX is used so the entire page doesn't need to refresh after hitting submit.

But when this happens to me, the "browser waiting" spinner keeps spinning. Then it finally times out with a message stating that the server didn't respond. When I try again, I have two posts.

It doesn't happen very often.

I've had similair problems, but upgrading to IE7 fixed the problem. What browser are you using?

But when this happens to me, the "browser waiting" spinner keeps spinning. Then it finally times out with a message stating that the server didn't respond. When I try again, I have two posts.

It doesn't happen very often.

That used to happent to me every so often. If the post doesn't appear right away, just hit the browser refresh button, and you'll see that your post went through after all.

Any reason why we have to hit the refresh button to see our post?

A small brower glitch that happens about 1% of the time with older browsers.

Oh ok...i'm using IE7 with vista...

I have the latest FF browser.

I think the page never loads because the ad times out. About 3/4 of the time, the post works when this happens.

It's not ad-related. It's just a bug with the quick reply editor in older versions of vBulletin. I've experienced the same thing every so often on the official vBulletin forums as well as other vBulletin forums that have no ads.

Would this 'bug' also explain why I get kicked off sometimes when I change between certain parts of the forum? i.e. If i'm in the geek lounge, then I hit the software development tab....i get kicked off daniweb and have to re-enter my username & pw?

That's strange, that's never happened to me before. Do you have cookies enabled, and when you log in, do you have the 'remember me' checkbox enabled?

All I know is there was a bug with older versions of the vBulletin editor that have since been fixed, but we still haven't yet upgraded because it is a HUGE thing for us to upgrade, as you can imagine, so it's near impossible for us to do so at every minor version update.

I've got cookies enabled...and sometimes i'll leave the 'remember me' checkbox enabled. I had initially thought it was as a result of the ads...but apparently not. After I hit the refresh button I can resume posting and start to appear online again.

I have the latest FF browser.

I think the page never loads because the ad times out. About 3/4 of the time, the post works when this happens.

This just happened to me on www.programmingforums.org ... vanilla vBulletin installation, no ads, no fancy javascript features ... same database server as DaniWeb. Come to think of it, it might just be happening because the database is busy when you hit the submit button, and the db server doesn't acknowledge it went through in time for the Ajax quick-post thingy to be happy.

I tried on my friends computer with IE6 & XP...with no problem. Cookies have been enabled on both his & mine computer.

It only happens like once a week or so for me. Like 10% of the time.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.