I am really having a tough time to update my report contents. Please help me with a project attaching with your solution. please help me quick......

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

update report contents? can u explain more about this?

I am using adodc to connect with my database in my application. I have command button to show my report consisting of the columns of that table in database. I also have command button to add data in the database during runtime. I can see the report updated for any firsttime i press the button. but after adding any new data in the database i cant see the new datas in my report . The report was just as the previous one. But again restarting the application i got the updated report. I want my report to update every time i press the show report button. How can i do that? If you have any solution please help me by attaching a project with your solution. Please help me.

Have you tried refreshing the recordset ?

Are you commiting after every new insert / update ?

What should be the code for refreshing? I use
"dim rs as recordset"
and after doing "rs!add new"
i do "rs.update"
It is under add data command.
Show report command only have "report.show"
What should i do actually?
I am using datagrid.

Try this and Tell me if it worked.

'Add this to Command Button
DataEnvironment1.Recordsets("Command3").Requery
DataReport2.Show

'And this to obviously, Data Report
Private Sub DataReport_Terminate()
DataEnvironment1.Recordsets("Command3").Close
End Sub

Many many thanks cometburn. Your code do the work for me. I had to use only the first part of the code. Terminating the report does not help. Manu many thanks again bro.....

Glad to help!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.