hi friends can any one help me in deploying vb.net project with database(SQL SERVER)

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

what the mean of "deploying"?
make it more clear...

Do you mean that you want to Package and Deploy the Windows App to the Client Machine with SQL Server Database?

You will have to use the Setup and Deploy Project type in .Net, add the project files, dlls, etc and build the project as a cab file, etc. You can then choose to Deploy the files by creating a Setup project. For the SQL DB-you will need to generate scripts for the DB and tables and run the scripts manually on the client or if you can do it--Detatch the DB (mdf and ldf) from your SQL Server-and attach the mdf and ldf files to the client server.

yes i want to run it on client machine

wher the application can be run on the client machine with the .exe and dll's

Thanks SierraInfo..

That was a brillient article..

Thank you. Always help others whenever you can. Knowledge is for sharing.

Please do mark this thread as solved.

hi guys..
actually i got same problem as mvnk12. i don't know how to deploy vb.net web application for my project. Actually i was take over old project from my senior. then i need made some changes in that web application. can i just rebuild the setup?and besides, can i just paste the older bin folder with the new one to make it run?hope somebody can teach me..

tq,
ct.

If you are using .Net 1.1-Build the Application and copy the dll in the bin folder to the bin folder in your Web Host. If you are using .Net 2.0- a dll is not created (you can if required)-the pages are compiled dynamically-so you just need to copy the changed pages to the Web Hosting Server.

If you are using .Net 1.1-Build the Application and copy the dll in the bin folder to the bin folder in your Web Host. If you are using .Net 2.0- a dll is not created (you can if required)-the pages are compiled dynamically-so you just need to copy the changed pages to the Web Hosting Server.

I'm using .NET 1.1. After i paste it at my web host, so i can access the system as usually rite??
thank sierrainfo for ur info..really appreciate it.

Correct. But to be safer-you should also copy the changed content pages and the code files for the pages, so that the changes done on your local server also reflect in the content on the server. This is to ensure that future developers can download updated pages-work on them-create the dll-and repeat the process.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.