Just wanted to get a definition for round robin algorithm.
Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Round-Robin Scheduling Algorithm, that is used to prevent starvation. Lets say you have 4 jobs.
Job A Job B Job C and Job D
Round Robin will give each job the same amount of CPU time until they are finished.
so it will go like A B C D A B C D A B C D. for like 3 cycles each. If one of the jobs finishes it will be removed from the queue. If a job is added it will be added to the circular queue. Hope this is what you are asking for.

If you have for job:
jA=30 milisecond,jB=10 milisecond,jC=50 milisecond,jA=30 milisecond
quantum=20milisecond
what's process?
my email "dgpleiku@yahoo.com"
thanks for your ans...

please help me to emplement the round robin scheduling by c programming language

can any one provide me with the round robin algorithm code in c/c++
hurry up!!!

It's called Google, folks. Learn it. Love it. Use it. Don't start 6+ threads in one day on the same topic.

Now what I need is a program for Windows which does just the opposite: Keeps one program running until it terminates, with NO interruptions of any kind.

Your statement is correct, but I didn't agree with you on the example you presented (ABCD) when you mentioned that it Will run as ABCDABCD... The sequence ABCD gradually shrinks, if one process terminates..eg: B uses the least time units, the sequence could be ABCDACDACD...

i'm searching for round robin too..if you have got that code in any programming language can u send me(java,c,pascal esp.)?i will be very appreciated thanks..

If you have for job:
jA=30 milisecond,jB=10 milisecond,jC=50 milisecond,jA=30 milisecond
quantum=20milisecond
what's process?
my email "dgpleiku@yahoo.com"
thanks for your ans...

the answer is jB =10 milisecond, because according round robin only the process jobs which has work time smalleer than quantum time can be work... 10<20 so JB only

commented: 3 years late -6
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.