I am looking to recreate this photo gallery:
http://www.bourakis.com.au/gallery-contemporary.htm

With its sidescrolling and picture enlargement.

Thankyou, Regards X

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

No Tutorials or Coding Examples?

Member Avatar for langsor

OmniX, I haven't given up on helping you, I've just been very busy so it might take me a little time ... I actually started working on this script but had to put it aside for a bit.

Maybe someone else is less preoccupied ???

Good luck

Ahh how nice langsor!

hahaha

Na thats fine im trying to tinker along, testing in each language in my own spare time.

Just completed a dogy flash photo gallery still prefering javascript one I saw on that website.

Its ok take your time, as long as you can help me in the end :)

I have been googling ur tips but no luck so ill have to construct something off hand in my own time or i might leave that to you and try a css or php version.

At the moment all i see possible is:
- javascript
- flash

- php
- css

Cant be done (what we require).

Even though I would like a php/css version as i reckon it would be more cleaner but I havent been able to find one :(

Regards, X

At this point I've finally got the vertical scrolling behavior I wanted to achieve ... that took longer than I expected (it always does). Next the zoom-out window and maybe some background mask-out and loading animation effects (we'll see about the latter two).

I think overall this will create a pretty nice gallery display with some fairly dynamic behaviors and the ability to adapt it to a variety of gallery needs.

Unfortunately I will have to actually do some real (paying) work here soon ;-) if I want to meet the basic survival needs I've grown so accustomed to.

Ciao

I have bene trying to complete some flash photo galleries as I find when comparing all languages flash is the best option and has alot better output than javascript but I still intend on making a gallery in each language!

I used to be a real Flash guru back in the days of action script 1.0 and Flash 5 ... that was the first scripting language I learned and I've played with Flash some for CS2 and now CS3 and can figure most anything out when I sit down with it. Flash is wonderful and well supported and works the same across browsers ... just haven't been working with it like I used to.

For the behaviors I'm creating, since they are scripted, you could easily enough use them to animate movie-clip objects as DOM elements -- with very little modification.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Keep me posted

Okay, here's what I've got so far ...

It works pretty well in Firefox 3 (which I use for development) and okay in Opera 9.51 and so-so in IE 7 (which is buggy as all get-out).

Like I can't seem to establish a smooth zoom-out effect in IE so I skip that effect when it's an IE browser -- I hate doing browser sniffing, but at least know how to do it correctly.

The overall page layout-design is primitive and rather arbitrary but should be easily expandable to almost any layout desired.

Enough said, take a look and enjoy :-)

www.pixieportal.com/js_vscroll_gallery.zip

The code : content ratio is out of hand, if I were to use this in a live site I would separate out the javascript into an external file ...

commented: One of the best posts ever done!?!?!? +1

langsor

YOU ARE A #*#)$*# MAD #$)(*#$#()!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Works beautifully.

Your a great bloke, thanks for the help.

I have been triying to learn flash and make a similar flash version as that seems to be the new trend but this is awesome work.

Like i said great work from a great bloke.

Thankyou so much!

PS: Sorry for the late reply have not been able to have internet access

Wow, I'm glad you like it ... I figured you had gone over to the other side, e.g. Flash.

When I first picked up Flash (v5) it was like *Crack* for me and action script was actually the foundation to my learning JavaScript. Now I have CS3 but don't like Adobe as much as I did Macromedia ... so I really don't do much with it anymore.

Anyway, it was a rewarding project to put together -- challenging for me but I learned a lot and it was fun

Cheers

langsor your a gun!!!

I just now got time to work on this project(thats how busy I have been) and your work is very nice!!!

I am going to try make a vertical line instead of horzonital
AND
I am going to try make an automated loop instead of buttons

If you got any help with this much apperciated

Regards, X

Is this possible with javascript?

Because I could make a nice one in flash with those features XD

I require a vertical one that dosent BOOM the image but just changes it from the one on the right?

Ill stick to the flash one for now till someone can point me in the right direction of making a javascript one :)

Okay, here's what I've got so far ...

It works pretty well in Firefox 3 (which I use for development) and okay in Opera 9.51 and so-so in IE 7 (which is buggy as all get-out).

Like I can't seem to establish a smooth zoom-out effect in IE so I skip that effect when it's an IE browser -- I hate doing browser sniffing, but at least know how to do it correctly.

The overall page layout-design is primitive and rather arbitrary but should be easily expandable to almost any layout desired.

Enough said, take a look and enjoy :-)

www.pixieportal.com/js_vscroll_gallery.zip

The code : content ratio is out of hand, if I were to use this in a live site I would separate out the javascript into an external file ...

=========================================

Hi,
Can you plz share the "www.pixieportal.com/js_vscroll_gallery.zip" the url is not working curently .

=========================================
Hi,
Can you plz share the "www.pixieportal.com/js_vscroll_gallery.zip" the url is not working curently .

Okay, try it now, I had taken it off my server but I put it back now ... it should be working.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.