Ive created this awesome CMS, you see, but one problem... It reades every thing from the catch! NOT GOOD! Like that I have to refresh the page every time I wan't to see changes in it! Is there a way to make is so that the website doesn't read from the catch?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Do you mean cache ?
This is really a html question.
You can make the browser not cache the webpages by adding the following html meta tag within your header tags ( <head> )

<META HTTP-EQUIV="CACHE-CONTROL" CONTENT="NO-CACHE">

Hope that helps

actually ReDux there are ways of doing this with php

PHP scripts often generate dynamic content that must not be cached by the client browser or any proxy caches between the server and the client browser. Many proxies and clients can be forced to disable caching with:

<?php
// Date in the past
header("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");

// always modified
header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT");

// HTTP/1.1
header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");
header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false);

// HTTP/1.0
header("Pragma: no-cache");
?>

Note: You may find that your pages aren't cached even if you don't output all of the headers above. There are a number of options that users may be able to set for their browser that change its default caching behavior. By sending the headers above, you should override any settings that may otherwise cause the output of your script to be cached.

Additionally, session_cache_limiter() and the session.cache_limiter configuration setting can be used to automatically generate the correct caching-related headers when sessions are being used.

Remember that header() must be called before any actual output is sent, either by normal HTML tags, blank lines in a file, or from PHP. It is a very common error to read code with include(), or require(), functions, or another file access function, and have spaces or empty lines that are output before header() is called. The same problem exists when using a single PHP/HTML file.

the above quote was taken directly from an official PHP Mirror

Thank guys! You don't know how helpful that is :):):):):):) I spent a lot of time debugging for nuthing, it was just the server :( all well... Thanks to both of you! :)

and yes, I meant cache. It was late at night when I typed that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.