As I read some tutorial, I just get the idea to input to the file totally replace, overwrite or continue at the end.
I wonder any code that in put text in the middle like this
brown
||
I want a V dog.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

It's impossible to insert more or less bytes in the middle of the file. Of course, you can overwrite some bytes - that's all.
As usually, file editors create new file and write new content to it, then rename or remove the old one and rename new file with the old file name.

so the word program somekind like that?
They load all of them, after you edit, replace the old by the new one?

so the word program somekind like that?
They load all of them, after you edit, replace the old by the new one?

By the way, MS Word doc file is not a text file: DOC is a (proprietary) binary format.
Yes, it's (one of) possible text editor pattern. Variants:
1. see my post above (safe method)
2. read in memory, edit then overwrite old file from the first changed point (or from the start) to the end - see your post ;)
Did you think that hard disk track is an elastic string which is capable to place additional inserted bytes into the middle of the file contents?
;)

oh yeah you don't tell, I fogot.
So any idea about this.
I have project to change
coding<=> diagram. Some kind like edit by drag and drop bunch of code, input values, type of it.
Hope you help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.