i want to select java or c#
please help me to select better programming language and easy to programming language
i have experience in c++
if java is better please tell me why java is better or c#
please introduce me best books for java and c#

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Here is a comparision between the syntax of the two languages:
http://www.harding.edu/fmccown/java_csharp_comparison.html
A language as such, does not do that much. It is the framework or the libraries that come with it, that make it powerfull.
You choose the language you feel most confortable with. This decision is all up to you, as sknake pointed out.
( BTW nice avatar Scott;) )

commented: :) +4

i want to select java or c#
please help me to select better programming language and easy to programming language
i have experience in c++
if java is better please tell me why java is better or c#
please introduce me best books for java and c#

You're in the Java section, so if you were to take a poll, chances are that most people would say "Java is better than C#." Post in the C# section and they'll say "C# is better than Java." A better answer would probably be "C# and Java both have their advantages and disadvantages. C# is better for some things, Java is better for others." Substitute any of a dozen languages for "C#" and "Java" and you'll get the same answers. Google "C# vs. Java" and all sorts of very good links come up discussing the two languages and the pros and cons of each.

commented: Well said. +7

Adding to that, if you want ease of development choose C#. This I say because of VS. There is nothing like Visual Studios.

I'm not gone be preaching for pro and against, my only trouble with C# was difficulties with locating things in MSDN library in comparison to Java API and less free libraries like you get with Java open source (but this could be just personal feeling as I spent really just small fraction of time with C#)

It depends on what you want to do.

Both can be used for client-side or web side development, but Java has more of a foothold on the mobile market.

If you know the fundementals of OOP, through c++, then it shouldnt be too hard to learn either of them.

Hi,
my suggestion is to take java
because it is having lot of packages in which the essential functions
for a particular area(eg.. in networking field it's having fns like socket()).
and also it is easy understnd

It's up to you, all end with the skills you can grow them up, if you're smart you'll do anything by anything.
But I should say something C# is full of features and I like it, the most programming language has community based solution. That's my opinion personal opinion.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.