Hey;
How do you figure out how much you should be able to charge advertisers to advertise on your site? I am not going to use adsense or any of the other "pre-made ad systems" so any feedback would really be appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

We are just charge $250 per month

Hey;
How do you figure out how much you should be able to charge advertisers to advertise on your site? I am not going to use adsense or any of the other "pre-made ad systems" so any feedback would really be appreciated.

Did you get any offers yet? Sometimes, the best way to figure out how much to charge is to find out how much people are willing to pay.

Aim high at first... you can always negotiate and come down. :)

Also - ask yourself (with all bias aside) "how much you would pay?" Take in account the traffic of the website and the target audience. Another way - is to find out what your competitors charge for advertising and how they compare (in traffic and quality) to your business/website.

I'm trying to find out what the going rate for social networks are. I haven't launched mine yet because I'm working on it very hard so it will be at it's best when it launches. I just want to have a good idea of how much my property might be worth and how to judge its value (views, hits, unique visitors, accounts, etc.)
Thanks for all the replies.

A truly fair seller could get appraisals done by a few different people, and take the average of the values. Keep in mind, however, appraisals can be very expensive and are at best a guesstimate as to what a property is worth. Unfortunately, appraisers can be swayed to appraise higher or lower if there is any sort of personal interest of the appraiser, or possibly a relationship between the seller and appraiser.

A truly fair seller could get appraisals done by a few different people, and take the average of the values. Keep in mind, however, appraisals can be very expensive and are at best a guesstimate as to what a property is worth. Unfortunately, appraisers can be swayed to appraise higher or lower if there is any sort of personal interest of the appraiser, or possibly a relationship between the seller and appraiser.

It depends on what product you gonna advertise if it is a very demanding product obviously the rate wil go high.
Cheers.

All depends on your target market, keywords and industry.

Good benchmark would be to check the CPC at Adwords. Then research the competition and see what they're charging.

If you're in a completely unique market then possible start an auction for your ad space

Well it depends how much traffic you have on your site and how much advertiser is earning, if you are a newer charge less, and with time you will be popular and have maximum traffic and advertiser is earning revenues because of your site charge more

Well it depends how much traffic you have on your site and how much advertiser is earning, if you are a newer charge less, and with time you will be popular and have maximum traffic and advertiser is earning revenues because of your site charge more

I feel that I can say a little about my site. It is a new breed of social networking. I'm pre-marketing it on twitter {link snip} while I work like crazy on my ubuntu programming. If this new information can help give me advice on pricing please post.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.