hey people,ive got a problem with my pc.so yesterday i installed new update for window then at the end it said sumthing about my window not being valid or sumthing and it stopped responding.so i turned it back on when it loaded up tho my keyboard and mouse were not working so i turned of again and went into i think its cios r sumthin.i fucked about a bit.so i turnd it off AGAIN and now when i turn it on the screen just stays blank.could some1 plz help ive only got 1 pc n need it badly and asap ,cheers

Recommended Answers

All 60 Replies

If you messed with the Bios and now you are hanging during boot there could be several reasons why, you are now overclocking your mem or CPU or possible changed the boot order. I would recommend resetting the bios to the default settings.

AJZ

Hi,
Do you get any beeps after you try to start your PC? If so describe them!
Are the fans, CPU and power supply, running?
Are all lights working, power, HD, CD/DVD?

i found out what i done.my dvd/cd drive wasnt picking up dvds.i was lookin at some forum and it told you 2 delete some files think it was upper and lower filters.got my pc started it runs to windows perfect i reset the bios manually.but keyboard and mouse arent working they arent broke neither are the usb port cuz it picks up my mobile and ipod,and the keyboard works when in bios setup,has any1 had the same problem,really need help

Hi,
Try going to "Device Manager' and uninstall both the mouse and your keyboard. then reboot, windows will reinstall them on reboot.
If that fails Sometimes, some of the windows protected files can be lost or changed. To detect any problems run the program “System File Checker” (SFC). Before you run it you should purge your PC’s cache:-

Go to “START”
Click “RUN”
Type or “copy and paste”.. sfc.exe /purgecache

Note:- the space after “exe”.

The “purgecache” in this command will empty the cache before you run the file checker. You should always purge the cache before scanning with the System File Checker (SFC). That way, you can be sure that system files are copied from your Windows installation media, and are not infected with malware or corrupted. After the cache has been purged, run System File Checker.

Go to “START”
Click “RUN”
Type or “copy and paste”… sfc.exe /scannow

Note:- the space after “exe”. You may be required to use your installation disk.

This could take a long time to complete, when finished, reboot and see if the problem still exists.

my keyboard and mouse doesnt work tho so how an i going to navagate the menu and uninstall them.???

Okay here's my problem i deleted some upper and lower filters cant remember which 1s.it was because my dvd/cd drive wasnt picking up dvds.so someone told me delete these files then my pc went and crashed so i restarted it.now my keyboard and mouse dont work.the usb port are fine my ipod gets picked up on all of them.and the keyboard and mouse work on my m8s laptop so its not them.i was wondering if any1 could help??.would be eternally grateful.

Have you tried "Safe Mode" to see if they work there?
If they do, you can do a "System Restore" to a time before you deleted the files.
Are they USB or PS/2?

no they dont work in safe mode.my mouse is usb and keyboard is ps/2

When you get to the login screen, is there a mouse pointer?
If not, then it's not being detected, so the drivers did not load.
The fact that you did get in to Safe Mode means that the keyboard is working at the hardware level and again the drivers most likely did not load.
Check in the BIOS and make sure they are both enabled.
Have you tried using another port for the mouse?
Have you also tried using another keyboard and mouse?

I am having the exact same issue. I have tried the filter keys suggestion from another thread, I have double checked through Bios, I have purchased a new keyboard, different ports, all to no avail. Keyboard loads in Bios, stops working until XP fully loaded. So, I have no keyboard for things like DOS commands to reformat the HDD, operate in 'Safe Mode', etc...

Keyboard is USB
Mouse is USB
XP, OS
Desktop

What is going on?

Hi,
It is going to be a bit hard to repair the PC without a mouse or keyboard. The fact that you have been able to get into safe mode, tell me that the keyboard is working before windows loads (pressing f8).
Therefore the best I can think of is to do a windows repair from your installation CD. If you don't know how, Google it, there are many good sites showing you how.
Hi msails 1,
As you can use your mouse and keyboard in windows, you can try a system file check.
Sometimes, some of the windows protected files can be lost or changed. To detect any problems run the program “System File Checker” (SFC). Before you run it you should purge your PC’s cache:-

Go to “START”
Click “RUN”
Type or “copy and paste”.. sfc.exe /purgecache

Note:- the space after “exe”.

The “purgecache” in this command will empty the cache before you run the file checker. You should always purge the cache before scanning with the System File Checker (SFC). That way, you can be sure that system files are copied from your Windows installation media, and are not infected with malware or corrupted. After the cache has been purged, run System File Checker.

Go to “START”
Click “RUN”
Type or “copy and paste”… sfc.exe /scannow

Note:- the space after “exe”. You may be required to use your installation disk.

This could take a long time to complete, when finished, reboot and see if the problem still exists.

msalis1,
If you still have problems, start a new thread for you troubles.

As I see you already tried the Safe mode. So try to boot from the last working configuration from the same menu.

alrite my keyboard and mouse are not working they did work on my pc two days ago.i deleted lower and higher filters cuz my dvd drive was not working and tht has i think done somthing to affect my mouse and keyboard.does any1 know how to fix.or even if i just delete tht windows and install of a cd.which my friend done 4 me when i got the pc.but i dont know how to create the cd.done any 1 know.cheers

alrite my keyboard and mouse are not working they did work on my pc two days ago.i deleted lower and higher filters cuz my dvd drive was not working and tht has i think done somthing to affect my mouse and keyboard.does any1 know how to fix.or even if i just delete tht windows and install of a cd.which my friend done 4 me when i got the pc.but i dont know how to create the cd.done any 1 know.cheers

"done any 1 know
"you sure make it hard to understand ,with all the miss typed words and chat speak ,please don't use chat speak ,to confusing !
did you try a system restore back to days before you deleted filters

alrite peeps,about a month ago my dvdburner stopped working.so on advice from a forum it said to delete upper and lowers filters.so i did tht then my keyboard and mouse stopped working.therkeyboard works in BIOS.i know tht the mouse and keyboard are not broke(i tried them on my m8s pc).so for a month ivebeen looking for answers to this.every forum ive been on cannot fix my problem.ive tried reseting BIOS by removing the battery.i was wondering if any 1 knew how to get my keyboard and mouse working again.i havnt gotany system restore cds or anything like tht.and i dont want to reinstall windows(theres alot of files and software i need).any advice would be appreciated.cheers

Hi,
You will need a Windows XP disk to repair your PC, if you do not have one you will need to buy a new one or maybe upgrade to 7.

ive thought of someother way to fix.as im skintn cant fork out 40 quid.im usen my m8s laptop but his cd drive doesnt work i could make a xp disc on his if i can fix the cd drive i think it might need a new driver or i could connect the laptop 2 pc/.do you know how i could do either

hey i just had a similar issue with my cd/dvd drive that it would not read anything, try going here "http://www.gmayor.com/CD_Gone.htm" and follow the instructions and see if this fixes the issue as far as the keyboard and mouse have you tried plugging in a different keyboard and mouse in to his computer to see if it would work..

i deleted upper and lower filters by accident the other day.a forum said if i deleted them my dvd would work again.but t hts the least of my problem here been scrating my head for dayz.my keyboard have stopped working completely.the keyboard works in bios by after tht nothing.i have tried everything reset bios by removing battery.tried the last known good config.i havent got a xp boot disk or any disk.they only thingi can think of is burn the driversi need onto a cd then load on my pc.but obviously it wont just load.i am using a laptop but was wondering if i could connect it 2 pc but dont know howim trying 2 figure out how i would about fixing this its a ball breaker lol .cheer people

i deleted upper and lower filters by accident the other day.a forum said if i deleted them my dvd would work again.but t hts the least of my problem here been scrating my head for dayz.my keyboard have stopped working completely.the keyboard works in bios by after tht nothing.i have tried everything reset bios by removing battery.tried the last known good config.i havent got a xp boot disk or any disk.they only thingi can think of is burn the driversi need onto a cd then load on my pc.but obviously it wont just load.i am using a laptop but was wondering if i could connect it 2 pc but dont know howim trying 2 figure out how i would about fixing this its a ball breaker lol .cheer people

ok, are they usb or ps/2 devices ,if ps/2 then you maybe having an issue with the connection[on the motherboard ] on the back of the computer tower ,maybe try a usb keyboard if it not usb allready ,if it usb device try changing the plug to another usb slot ,and no you cant connect the laptop to the computer to use its keyboard !

alrite my pc recently started acting weird so i got my m8 to make a xp boot disk 4 me.ive installed that but need to know what sound driver,graphic driver,and a dvd/cd driver cuz my dvd drive isnt burning anymore.cheers

Hi,
Before we can offer any assistance, we need a bit more information.
What boot disc did your Mate make for you, was it a copy of his Windows installation disc? If so did you use his product key?
Please supply more details about your PC and operating system..

Hi,
Before we can offer any assistance, we need a bit more information.
What boot disc did your Mate make for you, was it a copy of his Windows installation disc? If so did you use his product key?
Please supply more details about your PC and operating system..

yeah he gave me a key with it,but theres no sound and i need graphic driver 2 so i can play football manager 09 .i know it raedon but cant remember what series.
operating system is windows xp home

alrite i need a new graphic driver so i can play it.it comes up an error message cant rember what it was tho,but it defo the driver i need to update,i know it raedeon but i dont know what series is it-raedeon x850 series.thanks

Just do a google for ATI Catalyst, download the Catalyst drivers from ati.amd.com.

EDIT: Here is a link

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Choose your OS and then Radeon and your series of card.

yeah he gave me a key with it,but theres no sound and i need graphic driver 2 so i can play football manager 09 .i know it raedon but cant remember what series.
operating system is windows xp home

another bible story .lol

we need your motherboard model and model # of any addin cards like video and o on ,
and pleae stop using chat speak or what ever its refered to,no short hand use full words please

Did you buy new computer, if you buy you can read on the box of the motherboard name of motherboard and use it to find driver for it, graphic card may be ATI or Nvidia you can read that too and easy download it...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.