We are about to add an on-line buying facility to our web and my employer has asked me to to create job descriptions for all the functions involved with marketing a web from seo, to social marketing to email campaigns.

At this stage we are try to determine what we can do in house with out current skill base and what will be out sourced. Can anyone tell what the various roles are and what tasks we should include in these job descriptions?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

SEO takes time and effort on the part of the website owner. Your members must have the patience to do it right, do the work necessary to get it right and stay the course and keep working at it. The kind of jobs for your marketing your employees can be learned from books. I think it's better to learn these from SEO-related books.

For SEO - your gonna want to consider ...

• Keyword research
  • URL naming conventions
  • Optimized title, meta and alt tags
  • SEO-friendly coding
  • SEO copywriting
  • Web analytics

For Social Media Marketing:

• Set up and manage social media accounts
  • Network, friend, follow colleagues and groups within your industry
  • Contribute compelling commentary and content that warrants follows and relevant citations within the community
  • daily/Weekly micro-blogging

I guess you can't beat the hard yards approach thanks for your quick reply!Can you recomend any books? Also I'm interested in developing my google analytics understanding can you recomend any good publications for this too?

For SEO - your gonna want to consider ...

• Keyword research
  • URL naming conventions
  • Optimized title, meta and alt tags
  • SEO-friendly coding
  • SEO copywriting
  • Web analytics

For Social Media Marketing:

• Set up and manage social media accounts
  • Network, friend, follow colleagues and groups within your industry
  • Contribute compelling commentary and content that warrants follows and relevant citations within the community
  • daily/Weekly micro-blogging

Interesting facts on SEO task involving both on-page and off-page optimization.. Thanks.

Stick to a SEO forum, you will know almost everything if you work hard. Although SEO needs long term effort, make sure that you can face it.

For job descriptions, just look at job sites and see the requirements that they have for these positions

Promotion
Link building
Social networks
Online catalogs
Press release
Viral marketing
This are some methods that you can use to get the job done

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.