I want to store multiple usernames and passwords in the oracle 9i and connect with VB. I am new with this. Kindly send me reply.
Smitha

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You mean you want to create several users for Oracle ? Use the connection string method given above and change the username and password as required. For example

For User1
ConnString = "Provider=MSDAORA.1 ; Password=myPassword1; User ID=myUser1 ; Data Source = ORCL; Persist Security Info=True"

For User2
ConnString = "Provider=MSDAORA.1 ; Password=myPassword2; User ID=myUser2 ; Data Source = ORCL; Persist Security Info=True"

etc.

what i understand is you need to store username and password in oracle database and use that credential to login to your application dynamically at runtime.
if that is the case

select count(*) from user_login where user_name='username' and password = 'password'

if this returns 1 then allow to log in to application else re-prompt for username and password.
NOTE:--Username must be the PK of the table storing the log in credentials.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.