Hi, please answer this quistion its urgant :), i have a msi nf980-G65 nforce 980a SLI DDR3 Motherboard and it says, supports Dual DDR3 800/1066/1333/1600/1800/2133 (OC) i have got Corsair 4GB 2x 2GB 1600MHz BEMP Dominator DDR3 Memory - Intel Core i5 & AMD AM3 - CMD4GX3M2B1600C8 CAN I JUST STICK THIS RAM ONTO THE MOTHAERBOARD AND IT WILL BE FINE OR DO I HAVE TO ADJUST ANYTHING IN THE BIOS :) i have a amd phenom ii x4 965 3.4ghz cpu

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

It should be fine. If you've got more than 2 sockets, check you're using the correct 2 for dual channel.

Personally I would go into the BIOS after installing them and check the timings, speed and volts are correct, but that shouldn't be necessary. Maybe check them in CPU-Z once installed; see how the 'memory' tab compares with the 'SPD' tab.

The packet will tell you the timings if you want to check against the BIOS. It'll be something like 5/5/5/15 or 8/8/8/24.

Based on a lot of results so far (myself included), you may have to manually set the RAM.
I have 1066 RAM but they defaulted to 800 on post.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.