virang_21 0 Light Poster

Hi,

I am trying to send email from my website using Exchange server 2008. The setting is like my web server is on different machine then my exchange server. when I try to send email from my website using exchange it gives me an Exception

"Unable to Connect to the remote server"...A connection attempt failed because a connected party did not respond properly after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host failed to respond 203.45.27.227:25

Exchange is set up to allow anonymous access so relaying is enabled.

The SMTP settings I am using is as follow:

<system.net>
    <mailSettings>
      <smtp from="me@bridgebc.com.au">
        <network host="mail.bridgebc.com.au" password="mypassword" userName="me@bridgebc.com.au" port="25"/>
      </smtp>
    </mailSettings>
  </system.net>

I even telent to check if port 25 is open and that indicates that it is open. I send the email directly by using outlook express using emailid and password i am using in above configuration and that worked fine either..

so what I am missing here ? Why my website is not able to send out emails and fail with exception ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.