I have a program that outputs a series of items onto a form--an "invoice" if you would like. The problem is, when the user enters in more items than the invoice's size can handle the rest just disappears into the mysterious realm down at the bottom.

Is there a way where I can make the label automatically detect items going in and create a vscrollbar or something similar so that it can accommodate it's size?

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Add a Panel to your Form, set "AutoScroll" in Panel's Properties to "True" and place your Label inside the Panel.

Add a Panel to your Form, set "AutoScroll" in Panel's Properties to "True" and place your Label inside the Panel.

Would the label automatically expand with the panel as well then?

If you re-size the Panel to the Label's size, it should show scroll-bars on the Panel once you add more than one line of text in the Label.

Just for references, "please test the solution provided before re-asking your question".
Thank you.

If you re-size the Panel to the Label's size, it should show scroll-bars on the Panel once you add more than one line of text in the Label.

I made panel and placed a label with the same size inside the panel but no scroll bar when the text in the label extends past the dimensions! :(

Nevermind. The label needed to be on autosize for it to work! :D

set the label's autosize property to true

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.