HeyOk I'm not 100% sure where the problem started but I believe it started when i visited these well... not very trustworthy sites(actually some crack/serial search engine sites. no im not trying to steal anything, i have a demo audio plugin on my computer which i could not find out how to unistall nor could i locate the files to delete, and it kept prompting for a after-trial-period registration key everytime i started windows media player for some reason)ANYWAYSmy AVG virus thing popped up a bunch of times while navigating through these sites. vaulted some stuff healed some stuff but i could tell AVG and my computer in general was having struggling with all this, and a crash eventually happendanyways i think that where the problem started but uncertainthe two problems i have/had that i am AWARE offor one certain sites would just give me a windows error and i'd be forced to close. Ebay is a site i remember doing that. when i deleted cookies and temp internet files it worked again. but i'd have to do that everytime after i visited.and there is a second problem (started at the same time pretty sure) where my ie explorer and search engines seem to do these random redirects.....i'll search for something in google and real results will be listed... but sometimes when you click on thm (i'd say like 30% of the time) they redirect you to a different site... sometimes search sites... and actual an ebay page sometimes that has your search parameters already entered in the ebay search bar.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhok so heres the thing.... i searched for stuff about the second problem with the search engine, and unwanted redirectsi stumbled across this and thought it sounded a little like problemhttp://secunia.com/Internet_Explorer_Address_Bar_Spoofing_Vulnerability_Test/not really being sure if it actually was the same problem i followed the instructions for a TEMPORARY solution (patch not out yet).... which was to disable active scripting or something like that....now.... the strange thing is... this seemed to fix the FIRST of the two problems i listed but not the second. that seems pretty random to me and maybe is by co-incidence....anyways i dont care... the first problem is gone at least temporarily even if it is only by chance i stumbled accross a compatible solution....but the second problem... which is really annoying... and i'm afraid even dangerous (searching around i've read a lot of stuff about phishing and other security issues)anyone recognize this problem or have a solution, remedy, or suggestion?!!!!help!sorry i know that was long just trying to provide as much detail as possible.thanks!ps. i've run spybot, AVG, and adaware. all came up with stuff, and i vaulted and removed a lot of files accordingly but the problem is still there (maybe i didnt use them right)... help!

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Heh, definitely sounds like spyware. HOWEVER, let's diagnose it.

Download HijackThis (current verison is v1.99.1)

or here (Alternate 1, a self-extracting zip file)
or here (Alternate 2, an *.exe file)

Make a new folder to put your HijackThis.exe into.

(Anywhere on your hard drive is fine other than your Desktop or the Temp folder. Suitable examples are:

• C:\HijackThis\
  • C:\Programs\hijackthis\
  • C:\Windows\My Documents\HJT\

but feel free to use any name.)

Extract and save the HijackThis download to the new folder you made. Then navigate to it and run HijackThis from there. (This is to ensure it makes the necessary backups for recovery if fixes are made) Then, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and click Scan.

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button. Press that and copy & paste its contents in your reply. Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't try to fix anything yourself.

Thanks.

ok thanks so far!
here it is... hope its helps (for both of us)

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:33:03 PM, on 07/05/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\UAService7.exe
C:\Program Files\WZCBDL Service\WZCBDLS.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\ShareDLL\CtNotify.exe
C:\Program Files\D-Link\Air USB Utility\AirCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\SyncroSoft\Pos\H2O\cledx.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\ShareDLL\MediaDet.Exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpohmr08.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\DIGITA~1\BIN\HPOEVM08.EXE
D:\Program Files\Azureus\Azureus.exe
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NETSCAPE\NETSCA~1\NETSCP.EXE
C:\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://sympatico.msn.ca/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://home.netscape.com/bookmark/7_0/home.html"); (C:\Documents and Settings\Colin\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\prefs.js)
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "engine://C%3A%5CPROGRAM%20FILES%5CNETSCAPE%5CNETSCAPE%206%5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_01.src"); (C:\Documents and Settings\Colin\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02DCA195-602B-4B1F-83FF-381B7E804BDB} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\HDBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {196B9CB5-4C83-46F7-9B06-9672ECD9D99B} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winbrume.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: IECatcher Class - {B930BA63-9E5A-11D3-A288-0000E80E2EDE} - C:\Program Files\Mass Downloader\MDHELPER.DLL (file missing)
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Disc Detector] C:\Program Files\Creative\ShareDLL\CtNotify.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTStartup] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy\Program\CTEaxSpl.EXE /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [D-Link Air USB Utility] C:\Program Files\D-Link\Air USB Utility\AirCFG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [H2O] C:\Program Files\SyncroSoft\Pos\H2O\cledx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cmaudio] RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl,CMICtrlWnd
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RealPlayer] "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\realplay.exe" /RunUPGToolCommandReBoot
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: hpoddt01.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 1000 series.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpohmr08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: + &Mass Downloader: download this file - C:\Program Files\Mass Downloader\Add_Url.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: + Mass Downloader: download &All files - C:\Program Files\Mass Downloader\Add_All.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {407F5185-3B2E-4196-982B-1E258C46F8FD} - ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/patches/nhl2003/en-us/nhl.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1130268900265
O16 - DPF: {70BA88C8-DAE8-4CE9-92BB-979C4A75F53B} (GSDACtl Class) - http://launch.gamespyarcade.com/software/launch/alaunch.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsClient.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {F6BF0D00-0B2A-4A75-BF7B-F385591623AF} (Solitaire Showdown Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/SolitaireShowdown.cab31267.cab
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SecuROM User Access Service (V7) (UserAccess7) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\UAService7.exe
O23 - Service: WZCBDL Service (WZCBDLService) - D-Link - C:\Program Files\WZCBDL Service\WZCBDLS.exe

Alrite, I see several things. BUT, we're gonna get all the small stuff first.

So, we're gonna pull an Ewido/CCleaner uppercut.

Begin by downloading CCleaner, and specifically choosing the most recent version.

Then, follow these steps:

1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Double-click on the "My Computer" icon.
3. Select the "Tools" menu and click "Folder Options".
4. After the new window appears select the "View" tab.
5. Place a checkmark in the checkbox labeled "Display the contents of system folders".
6. Under the "Hidden files and folders" section select the radio button labeled "Show hidden files and folders".
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled "Hide file extensions for known file types".
8. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled "Hide protected operating system files". 9. Press the "Apply" button and then the "OK" button and shutdown My Computer.
10. Now your computer is configured to show all hidden files.

Now, install the program. Open it, and choose the 'Options' tab. Inside, hit the 'Custom' tab, and add the following folders (Note: Not all of these files are on every computer. If one of these isn't present, skip it):

C:\Windows\Temp
C:\Temp
C:\Documents and Settings\<Every user listed>\Local Settings\Temp
C:\Documents and Settings\<Every user listed>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5
C:\Documents and Settings\<Every user listed>\Local Settings\History
C:\Documents and Settings\<Every user listed>\Cookies
C:\Windows\Prefetch

After doing this, move back to the 'Cleaner' tab, and inside this, be sure your open to the 'Windows' tab. Inside, check the box labeled 'Custom Files and Folders'.

Next, after following all of these steps, you're ready to scan. Run scans in both the 'Cleaner' and 'Issues'. Note: It might take several scans in each to remove all of the junk.

Next, continue by downloading Ewido Security Suite.

• Install ewido security suite
  • When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck..
    • Install background guard
    • Install scan via context menu
  • Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop, double-click it.
  • The program will now open to the main screen.
  • When you run ewido for the first time, you will get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.
  • You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
    • On the left hand side of the main screen click Update.
    • Then click on Start Update.
  • The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed. The status bar at the bottom will display "Update successful"
  • Click on Scanner
  • Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
  • You will be prompted to clean the first infection.
  • Select "Perform action on all infections", then proceed.
  • Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
  • Click Save report.
  • Save the report .txt file to your desktop or a location where you can find it easily.

Now, post back here with the Ewido scan log, and a new HJT log.

Thanks.

thanks again
followed your steps this is what came up

Scan saved at 5:40:13 PM, on 08/05/2006

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NETSCAPE\NETSCA~1\NETSCP.EXE
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://home.netscape.com/bookmark/7_0/home.html"); (C:\Documents and Settings\Colin\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\prefs.js)
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "engine://C%3A%5CPROGRAM%20FILES%5CNETSCAPE%5CNETSCAPE%206%5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_01.src"); (C:\Documents and Settings\Colin\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02DCA195-602B-4B1F-83FF-381B7E804BDB} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\HDBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {196B9CB5-4C83-46F7-9B06-9672ECD9D99B} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winbrume.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {B930BA63-9E5A-11D3-A288-0000E80E2EDE} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Disc Detector] C:\Program Files\Creative\ShareDLL\CtNotify.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTStartup] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy\Program\CTEaxSpl.EXE /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [D-Link Air USB Utility] C:\Program Files\D-Link\Air USB Utility\AirCFG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RealPlayer] "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\realplay.exe" /RunUPGToolCommandReBoot
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: hpoddt01.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 1000 series.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpohmr08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: + &Mass Downloader: download this file - C:\Program Files\Mass Downloader\Add_Url.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: + Mass Downloader: download &All files - C:\Program Files\Mass Downloader\Add_All.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {407F5185-3B2E-4196-982B-1E258C46F8FD} - ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/patches/nhl2003/en-us/nhl.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1130268900265
O16 - DPF: {70BA88C8-DAE8-4CE9-92BB-979C4A75F53B} (GSDACtl Class) - http://launch.gamespyarcade.com/software/launch/alaunch.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsClient.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {F6BF0D00-0B2A-4A75-BF7B-F385591623AF} (Solitaire Showdown Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/SolitaireShowdown.cab31267.cab
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SecuROM User Access Service (V7) (UserAccess7) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\UAService7.exe
O23 - Service: WZCBDL Service (WZCBDLService) - D-Link - C:\Program Files\WZCBDL Service\WZCBDLS.exe

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido anti-malware - Scan report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created on: 5:37:38 PM, 08/05/2006
+ Report-Checksum: 9B7745FB

+ Scan result:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winbrume.dll -> Adware.BHO : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.8:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tribalfusion : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.9:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tribalfusion : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.11:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Atdmt : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.19:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Myaffiliateprogram : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.20:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adjuggler : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.24:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.25:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.26:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.27:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.30:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.35:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.36:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.37:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.38:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.39:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.40:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.41:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Revenue : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.42:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Revenue : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.46:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Falkag : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.47:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Falkag : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.48:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Falkag : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.49:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Falkag : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.50:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Falkag : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.62:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.75:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.76:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.77:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.78:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.79:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.80:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.81:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.82:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.83:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.84:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.85:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.86:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.90:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.92:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Mediaplex : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.93:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Mediaplex : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.94:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Clickhype : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.101:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Sitestat : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.102:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Sitestat : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.117:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.118:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.121:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.125:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.140:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.141:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Ru4 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.142:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Ru4 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.143:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Ru4 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.144:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Ru4 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.148:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.149:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.150:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.151:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.155:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.167:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.168:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.169:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.170:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.178:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.247realmedia : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.188:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Com : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.189:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Com : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.191:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Sexcounter : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.192:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Sexcounter : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.231:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.234:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Paycounter : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.235:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Overture : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.236:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Valuead : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.237:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Valuead : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.238:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Valuead : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.239:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Valuead : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.242:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Qksrv : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.243:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Qksrv : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.244:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Questionmarket : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.249:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Valuead : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.250:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Valuead : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.251:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Valuead : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.253:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.254:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.255:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.256:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.257:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.272:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Trafficmp : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.273:C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ass3lkjs.slt\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Trafficmp : Cleaned with backup
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\update.exe -> Adware.BHO : Cleaned with backup
D:\Application Install Downloads\DAW Plug-ins\LimeWire PRO 4.8.0 -newest version.rar/LimeWire PRO 4.8.0 -newest version\Internet Explorer Security.exe -> Downloader.Agent.a : Cleaned with backup

::Report End

Awsome, I only see 1 piece of spyware now. Fix the following:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {196B9CB5-4C83-46F7-9B06-9672ECD9D99B} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winbrume.dll (file missing)

Now, restart the computer and post a new log back here.

Lastly, are ya still having problems?

Thanks.

ok thanks!...... but how do i fix that?

...... but how do i fix that?

* Run another scan with HijackThis.
* Place a check mark in the box to the left of the following entry:
* Click the "Fix checked" button.
* Once HijackThis has completed the fix, close the program and reboot.
* Once rebooted, run one (hopefully) final scan with HJT to make sure that the "O2 - BHO: (no name)" entry is no longer present. Post that final log file here.

thanks. hows this?

Scan saved at 7:12:28 PM, on 11/05/2006

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
D:\Program Files\Azureus\Azureus.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {B930BA63-9E5A-11D3-A288-0000E80E2EDE} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - (no file)
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe

Looks good to me.

Any more problems?

Thanks.

Member Avatar for richn1

I am also having this problem. Did you ever reslove it?

I have the same problem with my internet explorer 7.0

I followed the steps advised and it still does the same thing.

perhaps you could help me figure out whats wrong?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.