hi I have a Borland C++ 5.5 command compiler. I needed to plot a graph using a C++ program. However, I discovered that there were'nt any graphics library (pls correct me if I'am wrong). So I copied graphics.h and BGI files from a Turbo C++ compiler.
But I can't still run any graphics based functions. There are errors of a 'far' variable like:
Size of 'far' is unknown,
Time is running out as my assignment date is due. If the Turbo C++ graphics.h is incompatible then how can I plot a graph in BCC32. Please help!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Why not just try to complete the assignment in Turbo C. In the help section of turbo C there is a small tutorial which explains how to setup graphics in Turbo C along with a small example.

And just copy pasting the files wont do the job coz Turbo C is not the same as Borland C++, i hope you get the point.

Maybe you can look here
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread11617.html
and
http://bdn.borland.com/article/16170

Hope it helped, bye.

commented: Are we at 5 yet? - Salem :) +3

hi!
The point is, it will involve a huge overhead to switch to TC (as I have'nt installed it on my notebook). I just needed to plot a histogram on a graph in bcc. will WinGDI help. If so, kindly send me a rough code.

hi!
The point is, it will involve a huge overhead to switch to TC (as I have'nt installed it on my notebook). I just needed to plot a histogram on a graph in bcc. will WinGDI help. If so, kindly send me a rough code.

I imagine the overhead would not be great (unless your program is written in C++); TC fits on four floppy disks and it runs on an XT computer. But switching to an old compiler just so you can use its outdated graphics library doesn't seem like a good idea.

Try searching google for a graphics library that works with your compiler; one such one is http://dislin-for-borland-c-5-5.mpi-fuer-sonnensystemforschung.qarchive.org/. (Nice name, eh?) Or use Windows graphics if your compiler supports it.

commented: rep++ Salem +3

hi I have a Borland C++ 5.5 command compiler. I needed to plot a graph using a C++ program. However, I discovered that there were'nt any graphics library (pls correct me if I'am wrong). So I copied graphics.h and BGI files from a Turbo C++ compiler.
But I can't still run any graphics based functions. There are errors of a 'far' variable like:
Size of 'far' is unknown,
Time is running out as my assignment date is due. If the Turbo C++ graphics.h is incompatible then how can I plot a graph in BCC32. Please help!

The main problem is that turbo c++ is for using ms-dos or win3.1.
So that library programs graphics only for dos or win3.1 depending on your version.

So you have to use a library in order to use graphics in win32, this is a total new topic on how to do that, but i can recommend you Allegro, because it can use simplified functions.

a url of this library is www.allegro.cc and good luck in your proyect.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.