I had left my computer running. It went to standby, I didn't turn it back on until the next day. when I tried to adjust the volume by clicking on the icon in the system tray it said there was no device and it was going to close the program, then the icon disappeared. I can still adjust the volume by going to control panel, but the icon won't reappear.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Right click on the system tray and go to customize notifications and you should see a bunch of options appear click the volume and make sure it say always show or hide when inactive then your problem should be solved. Good Luck. Let me know how it turns out.

theres a checkbox in sounds under control panel which says "Place Volume Icon In The Taskbar"

commented: nice easy feed back keep em comin +1

theres a checkbox in sounds under control panel which says "Place Volume Icon In The Taskbar"

That was it, thanks.

I am experiencing same problem but after I changes to {always show] & rebooted they still do not appear. any suggestions? thanks Dick

Member Avatar for geoherms

I battled with this problem o but did I but I will not be beaten by a computer so after many long nites of research here us what I did I downloaded sndvl32.exe file saved it to my flash drive then ran it, I then copied the file from my flash drive to the windows syst32 file then went to control panel checked the the box for icon in syst tray or taskbar. icon now on task bar shut down laptop turned it back on still there all good, that bloody easy.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.