Yesterday I created a new user on my computer. . . I copied some of the files over. . . I then decided. . . oh I don't have time for this, and thought I copied the files back over to my normal user. . .and I deleted the new user. . .unfortunetly today. . .some of my files are just alias, is there any way to recover those files????

Help!!!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

You mean shortcuts to locations that dont exist anymore?

Hello,

Outside of Norton Utilities (or some other restore program) it is not likely. DO NOT use an OS 9 tool for this problem either! If you have backups on a CD or tape, that is the direction I would turn.

I will have to look for a unix utility that might assist. But off the top of my head, no nothing does.

Christian

Anyway, first off, STOP using the computer. The more you use it, the greater the likelyhood that your data will be overwritten. Secondly, you can try some data recovery software (it's not cheap), but chances aren't that high that you'll get your stuff back. Try Data Recover X. Thirdly, if it's critical data, you can use a data recovery house (professional), but we're talking hundreds to thousands of $$$ to get your data back. And if it's critical data, don't you have it on your back ups? You DO have back ups, don't you? Now you know why you should. ;)

Hello,

EASEUS DataRecoveryWizard utility can help. Speaking about me, it was
easily able to restore deleted, lost file and unformat drive,
so I think you will also find it quite useful. Really recommended
tool, give it a try.

http://www.easeus.com/

Damnit monkeyboy.. this is a Mac forum, stop peddling/spamming your Windows junk. :idea:

Due to the fact that the member who originally started this thread has not responded in more than a year, this thread is considered abandoned and has been closed.

In accordance with our posting rules, other members having similar problems should start their own threads and post their questions there. In order to help us help you most quickly, please include as much information about your problem as possible in your posts.

If the member who originally started this thread wishes to have the thread reopened, please send your request, including a link to this thread, to one of our moderators via email or Private Message.

Thank you.

Do'nt panic there is nothing to worry. A lot of files restoration software are available over web. You can get one from the web for your computer, and can easily recover all your files that were once present on your system HDD memory.

You mean shortcuts to locations that dont exist anymore?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.