Member Avatar for iamthwee

Hullo Daniwebbers.

OK I'm following this tutorial.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mac4lin

I have the latest version of ubuntu with gnome and I'm trying to get the os x dock to work. I need help please. Do I need beryl or compiz?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Ok I got it.

The easiest way to get compiz working is to follow this:
http://www.cypherbios.org/blog/?p=32&language=en

I had to make sure my graphics card was configured. System > preferences >desktop effects >enable effects (followed instructions from there as it automatically configured it)

Then I went to applications > avant window. (install the osx dock theme system > awn manager).Then you can just drag the programs onto the startup bar.

By accident I deleted the panel at the bottom. Now every time when I minimize something it just disappears. How can I get this back :(

btw This theme is freaking awesome!

The minimize, close, and maximize butttons are on the wrong side btw.

The minimize, close, and maximize butttons are on the wrong side btw.

Well I followed all the stuff, apart from the fonts and beryl set-up. I don't mind it being on the r-h-s anyway.

My old system has a new lease of life, I might even go out at get another 512DDR MB ram module so the responsiveness of the wobbly windows etc is better.

OK I decided to try and install the beryl and all the stuff I had missed before but the open and close bits are still on the wrong side (see attachment) what should I do? :'(

Drats wrong attachment, here it is: Any advice?

Maybe you should use this instead?

Please explain the difference between that and the one I am using?

Use gtk this theme instead. It places the control buttons on the left.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.