Here is how to give food for free to hungry people in the world,all you have to do is click on the button that says "FREE FOOD" :) (I clicked 2 times!)

http://www.thehungersite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites

When you've clicked if you scroll down the newly opened page you'll find there are also buttons to help the Child Health Site and The Breast Cancer Site.

God bless you all :)

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

Non-profit or not, in the spirit of the holy season let's not forget the hungry.

no, they're not in "the spirit".
They're in it for the money. The only "free food" they donate is bought from a portion of their corporate profits.
They are in that of course no different from groups like the Red Cross, Greenpeace, Oxfam, and all the other Big Charity groups which are all run like major corporations and make massive profits.

If you want to donate something look for small local charities.

no, they're not in "the spirit".
They're in it for the money. The only "free food" they donate is bought from a portion of their corporate profits.
They are in that of course no different from groups like the Red Cross, Greenpeace, Oxfam, and all the other Big Charity groups which are all run like major corporations and make massive profits.

If you want to donate something look for small local charities.

Thanks for the patriarchal reply. Let's reword this to: " In the spirit of the holy season let's not forget the hungry."

I won't. I won't forget the hungry living next door, the unemployed people with kids who can't afford to buy food from the meager social security they get.
I'll donate something to people helping them, not some farmer in the Sudan who left his farm to pillage and murder and now complains that he's got no food.

I hope that this site is all on the up and up!!! (I thought it was)

I clicked, but there was no free food.

commented: Very Funny +1

I clicked, but there was no free food.

Er, sneek - the free food is not for you. The food is donated to the UN world food program

I won't. I won't forget the hungry living next door, the unemployed people with kids who can't afford to buy food from the meager social security they get.
I'll donate something to people helping them, not some farmer in the Sudan who left his farm to pillage and murder and now complains that he's got no food.

Jwenting, please point me to where you find the Sudanese farmer pillaging and murdering. If you have something factual to say about them, then spit it out. If you don't believe in donating to foreigners, then don't but why are you fulminating w/o anything to support your position?

ya, i agree with grim, Dont rant about sudanese pillaging and murdering. Whats the difference in giving to people next door or people in another country as long as you help somebody. And that is, not being nieve and giving to anyone, but if you know your money or clicking will be used for a good cause, who cares where it is to or how many possible sterotypical scenario's you can come up with to excuse yourself from supporting it..

I bet if i started a site similar to that one but everytime you click the button a kitten gets killed it would get more hits.

Salem stop loop linking :P

better than recursive linking ;)

i like recursion. I actually found a use for it today (trees)

me too. Creating Swing user interfaces on the fly based on XML files (describing the components, which can of course be nested).

If cursing is bad, so should recursing.

Give until it hurts!

why?
Demonic posession is bad, reposession is good (just ask Leslie Nielsen) ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.