Hi Guys,

I wanted to get some feedback on what the community thought about this:

I am a web developer who needs something that is portable, and powerful. The air seems to be perfect for what I need. However, all the people I have talked to has said go with the pro. What are the pros and cons to the mac book air, vs the mac book pro. I am not a gamer, nor do I want to be... I am a hard core php developer who wants fast web dev tools. So what is the verdict? :)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

For a portable development system, definitely go with the Pro. It accepts much more RAM, faster (and more powerful) CPUs, more disc space, better video hardware, and significantly better peripheral support. My wife, a professional developer and physicist at FermiLab, uses hers as a desktop replacement. Yes, it is bigger and heavier than the Air, and there may be times when travelling where you want a smaller, lighter system to take with you - my wife has a netbook that she uses for that, but if she is going on the road and needs all of her tools, then it is the Pro that goes into the backpack.

For a portable development system, definitely go with the Pro. It accepts much more RAM, faster (and more powerful) CPUs, more disc space, better video hardware, and significantly better peripheral support. My wife, a professional developer and physicist at FermiLab, uses hers as a desktop replacement. Yes, it is bigger and heavier than the Air, and there may be times when travelling where you want a smaller, lighter system to take with you - my wife has a netbook that she uses for that, but if she is going on the road and needs all of her tools, then it is the Pro that goes into the backpack.

Thanks. I checked a few other sources and everywhere Im checking is saying go with the Pro. So thats what I am going to do.

Thanks.

Merry Christmas!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.