We need a fairly robust printer to work with 9.2 The spec pg, & reviews for samsung mono chrome laser ml 2150 says it runs on "mac classic" and osx. Samsungs many pgs of dept's doesnt readily give an email so i couldnt ask the following-
Does the above printer respond to os9.2 or does it have to do a "virtual'9.2 thru osx (which my wife doesnt want to use) ?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello,

If it works in Mac Classic, it should work with 9.2. I believe the earliest version of "Classic" was 9.1 I am not positive there.

If that Samsung printer has postscript available, you can use a variety of printer drivers to talk to it.

Look here:

http://www.samsung.com/Support/productsupport/download/Model_Select.aspx?type=Printer&typecode=102060&subtype=Monochrome+Laser&subtypecode=370019&model=ML-2150&filetype=DR&language=

Under the Linux section (STRANGE!) there is a driver for Mac OS 8.6 - 9.2 The download page also offers PPD files, meaning that this is a postscript printer.

With postscript printers, you can "fudge" drivers to work with different kinds of software. While the foreign drivers may not offer all the features of the proper one (such as duplex printing, maybe staple puncher or color options), they can work for simple bare bones printing.

I would say that the printer will work fine in OS 9.2, in Classic, and in OS X. Remember that in OS X Classic mode, you need to setup the printer twice... once in OS X, and the other time in Classic.

P.S. You will confuse people if you call it virtual 9.2 Keep the terms proper... Classic.

Christian

Hello,

If it works in Mac Classic, it should work with 9.2. I believe the earliest version of "Classic" was 9.1 I am not positive there.

If that Samsung printer has postscript available, you can use a variety of printer drivers to talk to it.

Look here:

http://www.samsung.com/Support/productsupport/download/Model_Select.aspx?type=Printer&typecode=102060&subtype=Monochrome+Laser&subtypecode=370019&model=ML-2150&filetype=DR&language=

Under the Linux section (STRANGE!) there is a driver for Mac OS 8.6 - 9.2 The download page also offers PPD files, meaning that this is a postscript printer.

Dear Christian,
It was very generous of you to help a forever novice in computer affairs. Since im a full time woodwind player teacher (and reed related patent holder), the only reciprication could be in this field . i.e. selection of instruments restoration and reed tech.
Thanks, Steven

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.