I think I need a program to mount a disk image. I aquired a program in 3 seperate .dmg files, but when i try to install i get a "fail to mount" message b/c "permission is denied." I was wondering how I can get around this problem, possibly a free converting program? I am not yet running leopard btw. Thanks so much.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Don't exactly know what program you are trying to run but some need 'root' privileges to install. It may be checking that and you don't have those permissions as that logged in user. Try to log in as 'root' but beware unless you really trust the files!

I agree. Most dmgs don't require root access to mount. It sounds like you might have a contaminated image, or downloaded BAD pirated software. I recommend downloading the program or an alternative source.

It was the permission privileges, thanks.

Ah. Take care!

I downloaded Call Of Duty 4, for mac, totally legit and it doesnt mount and i have well above the system requirements in all fields

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.