Hi there
new to all this and really need some help if possible.
I was running osx 10.2.8 and wanted to upgrade to leopard but could not jump from 10.2.8 so have backed everything on to an exteral harddrive. did not have the option for a complete wipe and install as the manual said I would. I have now stupidly deleted the osx that was on there hoping to just pop in the disk and all would be ok. Oh no I now just get the you need to restart screen please help

Thanks

Andy

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi there
new to all this and really need some help if possible.
I was running osx 10.2.8 and wanted to upgrade to leopard but could not jump from 10.2.8 so have backed everything on to an exteral harddrive. did not have the option for a complete wipe and install as the manual said I would. I have now stupidly deleted the osx that was on there hoping to just pop in the disk and all would be ok. Oh no I now just get the you need to restart screen please help

Thanks

Andy

did you hold down the C key on rebooting or
Delete-Shift-Option-[squiggle/Mac] to go to the
System Preferences > Startup Disk > choose CD and reboot or
Shift-Alt-apple-Backspace and search for next available system!

A few G3 apple use only the external firewire DVD to boot, the external USB DVD will fail on booting.

Some apple could use only an external Firewire DVD to boot, don't use the external USB DVD to boot

Holding down th c key during start up take me back into the set up but it still tells me I need os x v10.4 or later and it can not find it.
There does not seem to be any option to do a total new install of leopard:(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.