Hi Everyone,

I just sent my mac for reconfiguration in school as my school requires every student to buy a mac. I just started using and my version is snow leopard. Recently, i encounter problems like my mac freeze frequently. Is there any solutions ?

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

1. What are doing when it freezes?
  2. What application/s do you have open?
  3. Do you actually quit the application/s or just close them?
  4. How old your Mac?
  5. What version of Leopard (if at all) are you running?
  6. How much RAM does it have?
  7. How big is the harddrive, and how much space is left?

Just saying that it freezes is like going to a restaurant and telling the waiter that you would like an order of food.

Regards, Arkinder

Thank Arkinder, I have read your email and the answers to your questions are below.
1) I am running a scan on my mac
2) I open Intego VirusBarrier X6
3) I have trouble to forcequit them thus i shut my mac down by holding the on/off button.
4) It is 1 Year old, I bought it lass year.
5) Version 10.6.5
6) It has 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
7)
Capacity : 249.72 GB (249,715,376,128 Bytes
Available : 212.34 GB (212,336,594,944 Bytes)
Used : 37.38 GB (37,378,781,184 Bytes)

Thank Arkinder, I have read your email and the answers to your questions are below.
1) I am running a scan on my mac
2) I open Intego VirusBarrier X6
3) I have trouble to forcequit them thus i shut my mac down by holding the on/off button.
4) It is 1 Year old, I bought it lass year.
5) Version 10.6.5
6) It has 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
7)
Capacity : 249.72 GB (249,715,376,128 Bytes
Available : 212.34 GB (212,336,594,944 Bytes)
Used : 37.38 GB (37,378,781,184 Bytes)

If you're trying to scan your entire computer, try scanning small sections at a time.

Regards, Arkinder

Thanks for the tip, but i have already try that. i try scanning folders by folders but the same thing still happen. after 5 minutes, it will suddenly freeze and i can't forcequit it. the only things i do is to restart my computer. Thanks, i try using other anti virus software but nothing happen. do you think is the software problem?

Hi i am new here and recently my macbook have a problem. my mac just got back from reconfiguration a few weeks back and i can't start up my mac. this happen recently, to be precise it happen yesterday. after turning on my mac i see inly the spinnig gear and the apple sign. i have waited for an hour and nothing happen. it still remain on the same page. Anything advice that i can use.

That's a possibility. Try this.

Regards, Arkinder

Thanks Arkinder,

Before my mac started to freeze often, i have already install four virus software on my mac. they are sophos anti virus, i antivirus, clamxav and intego virus barrier x6.
Both intego and clamxav seem to have problem working. normally. i like to on at least two antivirus software at the same time, do you think the antivirus software might clash against each other.

That's definitely a possibility. If you're running Mac OSX, you do realize that there are currently no viruses that can affect it in the wild (surfing the web). Unless you are downloading questionable applications and giving them your password, then you really don't have anything to worry about.

Regards, Arkinder

Thanks Arkinder, i have read your reply and heed your advice. I have reformatted my mac and nothing seems to happen. i think the problem is solve.

Thanks Arkinder

REgard, Roy

Thanks Arkinder, my problem have been solved.

No problem, and you're welcome.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.