Hi there,
Does anyone know how to sort out garbled copy on the web? A few pages come up with numbers instead of copy. I've tried the changing the encoding in Safari (to MacOS Roman) but that seems to do bugger all. And I can't find anywhere in my system prefs either. Can you help?
Cheers.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

"copy"? Can you provide a link for an example?

Sorry, "copy' as in text; all the words are numbers. I could send you a screen grab..... if i send you a link chances are you can read it because you won't have the problem.

Sorry, "copy' as in text; all the words are numbers. I could send you a screen grab..... if i send you a link chances are you can read it because you won't have the problem.

I guess you'd have to post screen grabs then.

Are these sites in English?
Is English your native language setting on your Mac?
Does it happen on the same site if you're logged in as another user (create one if need be)?

have you got the helvetica or helvetica neue font installed..

if so try disabling it..

i have this problem on my work mac and it is the helvetica fractions font that causes it.
As son as i disable it and refresh the page its fine

YES!!!!!!! That's done it!!!!!?!!!!! Thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.