I've down loaded WMPlayer to listen to net radio. Only problem is it won't work. I can listen to stations that come with iTunes but not anything that requires Window Media Player.

I've gota iMac G4 370MB broad band connection...
any advice/help.
i don't have Real Player installed.
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Hello,

Micro$oft has not done a very good job making WMP seamless with Mac OS X. What I have had to do to get around the problem you describe is copy the URL of your source out of the web browser, and open WMP manually, and use File --> OPEN URL and fire the movie off from there.

Good Luck,

Christian

Christian,
thanks for the reply. I've tried that several times, still get error msg along the lines of 'the playlist format is not recognized'. Drives me bloody crazy. Any other ideas?

Nathan

Hello,

Have a sample site? I'd like to give it a shot from here. If it is confidential, message me off the board please.

Christian

Hello,

I was able to get

http://www.abc.net.au/streaming/newsradio.asx

Working by using a program called VLC. I found the Mac OS X version at:

http://www.videolan.org/

And then hit the VLC media player button where it will allow you to choose which player you need.

I was listening to australian audio for a good 10 minutes.

Let us know,

Christian

Thanks Christian,
I got vlc player. still trying to get it to work! Damn!

Nate

Hello Nate,

What isn't working with VLC?

Christian

Hi christian,
all I get is a high squeal...no news.

Nate

Hello,

Aside from remote controlling your computer in real time with you, I am out of ideas. Sorry about that. VLC worked fine for me. Wonder if your volume is too loud or something. BUt am working in the blind here on this.

Sorry about that.

Christian

Christian,
No worries. Media Player is now playing..just decided to work suddenly!
Thanks for our help.
Nathan
:o

I have been trying to update the latest version of my windows media player, as the one I have does not work. it keeps on referring me to the website. please help me

VLC player is also my top suggestion. If you get a lot of squealing, try checking everything from your audio driver to your speakers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.