Hi Friends, My i-pod shows 7888 tracks on it, my i-tunes shows 8112. Where are the missing 224??! Have connected i-pod and downloaded tracks several times and everything seeems okay but there is always a differing amount. Have tried quick look around PC for any music in other folders. An ideas? PC is on XP . Puzzled! Thanks for your help guys. Tez

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

My guess is that these are "filler" tracks, containing nothing, but there as separators for the actual music. Unfortunately, without access to the system(s) in question, that is just a guess... :-)

Perhaps some of the tracks in iTunes are WMV. when tranferring to the ipod, IIRC you are prompted to convert WMV to another format, if you don't, the tracks aren't transferred. At least that's how it works on my older gen ipod.

Perhaps some of the tracks in iTunes are WMV. when tranferring to the ipod, IIRC you are prompted to convert WMV to another format, if you don't, the tracks aren't transferred. At least that's how it works on my older gen ipod.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.