I have TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-T633A ATA device as DVD/CD-RW drive in my new laptop which runs on Vista 32bit. For a week or so, whenever I insert CD/DVD into the F drive (being set to auto play) nothing happens but for a few hisses and sounds of disc. When I double click on the drive in my computer, the message 'insert a disc ' pops up and the disc gets ejected. Guys I am in serious trouble as I cannot upgrade to Windows 7, and data is constantly getting piled up in my hard disc and I am running out of space. Thanks in advance for any help!!

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Hello,

Do other DVD's read in the drive? Is the dvd a dual layer and your drive is not? Does the DVD spin (i.e. Change position relative to the way you had it when you closed the door.) Does anything work in the drive (CD, DVD, etc.)

Hi there!
Thanks for showing interest. Neither any DVD nor any CD works irrespective of it being a dual layer or not. The machine in question is a brand new laptop!

If it is less than 30 days old I would take it back to the store and exchange it for a new one. But before you do that, Dell has removable DVD drives on many of their laptops. Double check that the DVD is seated all the way. Make sure when you insert the CD or DVD that you are pushing down on the center to snap it in place in the drive (sorry if you already know about this but had to mention just in case) Laptop CD/DVDs have small catches on the center spindle that lock the disk in place.

The Dell link referred to above said there are no files to download after I clicked on the download in the said link. Yes this is a studio 15 Dell laptop.

The Dell link referred to above said there are no files to download after I clicked on the download in the said link. Yes this is a studio 15 Dell laptop.

Please try once again, I've just downloaded the file.

I've tried all the suggestions given, but to no avail. Perhaps, I think Roxio or some other burning software programs may be attempting to use the drive, which keeps Windows from accessing the disc. How do I solve this?

I you cannot read any disk in the drive then it is a drive problem and I still say take it back.
If it is less than 30 days old I would take it back to the store and exchange it for a new one. But before you do that, Dell has removable DVD drives on many of their laptops. Double check that the DVD is seated all the way. Make sure when you insert the CD or DVD that you are pushing down on the center to snap it in place in the drive (sorry if you already know about this but had to mention just in case) Laptop CD/DVDs have small catches on the center spindle that lock the disk in place.

It is a year old. When I double click on Drive F in My Computer, the disc gets ejected and a window pops up saying 'Please insert a Disc'. When I re-insert the disc nothing happens. The system is set to Autoplay. Again when I double click on Drive F, the disc is ejected again and the same window pops up.
How does one stop Roxio or some other burning software programs from attempting to use the drive?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.