Hi,

I just want to ask some help,I already bought new HDD mobile seagate 320GB 5400rpm,

when i unpacked now the plastic of my newly bought hdd seagate,...i saw my hdd mobile their is a black rubber on it,form like the hdd shape,and i was so confuse because my old samsung hdd has no black rubber on top on it.so i remove on it the black rubber and then installed on my laptop.but i was so confuse and afraid if my new hard drive will be damage because i remove the black rubber form like hard drive.can you please enlighten my mind.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

I just want to ask some help,I already bought new HDD mobile seagate 320GB 5400rpm,

when i unpacked now the plastic of my newly bought hdd seagate,...i saw my hdd mobile their is a black rubber on it,form like the hdd shape,and i was so confuse because my old samsung hdd has no black rubber on top on it.so i remove on it the black rubber and then installed on my laptop.but i was so confuse and afraid if my new hard drive will be damage because i remove the black rubber form like hard drive.can you please enlighten my mind.

Thank you in advance.

I don't see why removing the case from a HDD would be harmful for it's functionality? Unless I misunderstood your question, I think you're good to go :) What I don't understand is why you removed the rubber? Some protection is always welcome for a mobile device, not?

I don't see why removing the case from a HDD would be harmful for it's functionality? Unless I misunderstood your question, I think you're good to go :) What I don't understand is why you removed the rubber? Some protection is always welcome for a mobile device, not?

Hi,because my old sata samsung has no rubber,so i was thinking that the rubber is just no use,and there is a small hole in the hard drive which is cover by the rubber...that's why i
remove the rubber so.you mean that i should put it back the rubber on the hard drive?

Thank you in advance.

Hi,because my old sata samsung has no rubber,so i was thinking that the rubber is just no use,and there is a small hole in the hard drive which is cover by the rubber...that's why i
remove the rubber so.you mean that i should put it back the rubber on the hard drive?

Thank you in advance.

As long as the HDD fits into your machine, it means that you're good to go.
If I understood you correctly, we are talking about an internal SATA-HDD? Just to be sure :)
For hardware in general, the rule is: if it fits, it will work :)

As long as the HDD fits into your machine, it means that you're good to go.
If I understood you correctly, we are talking about an internal SATA-HDD? Just to be sure :)
For hardware in general, the rule is: if it fits, it will work :)

hi,

yes internal sata hdd mobile...okay it's running now and it works properly but i only doubt with the rubber maybe this is protector for the hard drive,i put it back to hddd.

Thank you in advance,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.